Does At&t Go phones ( prepaid) Cell phones work on the ship

hjlanda22

I have a bit of a problem, My mother was airlifted to ucsf for emergency surgery. Now I am in a situation where I want to be able to let her hear my voice everyday because I will not be by her bedside during a portion of her rehab & I know she is scared and It will give her comfort to her my voice everyday

SO with that said I want a phone that will work on the ship I am going on the 5 day to cabo and ensenada. My carrier is t-mobile I heard att rates where MUCH better but I want to know if thier go phones will work on the ship (prepaid) DOES anyone have experiance with this these phones working or not-working.

Or is thier another pre-paid phone service that works onboard while at sea?

Thank you in advance

I have a bit of a problem, My mother was airlifted to ucsf for emergency surgery. Now I am in a situation where I want to be able to let her hear my voice everyday because I will not be by her bedside during a portion of her rehab & I know she is scared and It will give her comfort to her my voice everyday

SO with that said I want a phone that will work on the ship I am going on the 5 day to cabo and ensenada. My carrier is t-mobile I heard att rates where MUCH better but I want to know if thier go phones will work on the ship (prepaid) DOES anyone have experiance with this these phones working or not-working.

Thank you in advance

I know their reg. cell phones do when you buy the international plan because that is what we did but not sure about go-phones. Call ATT wireless and ask them they might know.

Thank you in advance

my at&t program phone works on board (carnival lines). However, the rate is quite expensive. You can check with at&t wireless or T-mobile see if the pre-paid phone would work there. Bottom line is, you can call when you are at Key west, San Juan, or USVI. Rate, as I was told, is same as domestic.

AT&T go phones do not work with cellular at sea. They don't even work outside of the major metropolitan calling scopes, or anywhere outside of our own tower range, it's not how the network is designed.

You can call your mother from the ship but a 5 minute call is going to cost approximately $50 to your S&S card.

Do you have another family member that can stand in for you? The only other option that I have is to purchase an international calling card prior to leaving so you can at least stay in touch from a pay phone on the days that you're in port.

Thank you in advance

I just noticed that you say you are a T-mobile customer. Their phones will work on the ship and still be much cheaper than your room phone, plus they probably have an international plan that is comperable to AT&T. I think I pay $1.47 per minute on the ship and $2 something on shore.

Thank you

I called att first they told me the GO phones Do indeed work in mexico but at .99 cents per minute I was given another number to call about on the ship. International rates on a regular (non prepaid) cell phone while in mexico if you have a international plan is .59 cents if you do not it is .99 cents BUT this does not apply to the cruise ships while at see its entirely diffrent (I was told by att) I will call t-mobile see what they have to say about it.

I am not concerned with a phone while being in mexico because I have a movistar phone that I bought in mexico and keep active (its prepaid though)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Archived