Scuba in Turks & Caicos??

kandlwed

Hi,

We are on Crown Princess in January. We have pre-reserved the Scuba excursion at T&C. Has anyone been diving there lately and/or been on a dive there through Princess? I guess my real questions are, how is the diving there and if you know, how it was booking it through Princess?

Thank you in advance! :-)

Hi,

We are on Crown Princess in January. We have pre-reserved the Scuba excursion at T&C. Has anyone been diving there lately and/or been on a dive there through Princess? I guess my real questions are, how is the diving there and if you know, how it was booking it through Princess?

Thank you in advance! :-)

Hi,

I assume you mean Grand Turk? Turks and Caicos is a series of islands but most ships go to Grand Turk. If so, the diving is great. There is a 300ft. wall just off shore so most operations start about 50ft from the edge in 30ft then go down to 65ft where the wall begins. You then have the option of staying at the top or go down the wall a ways and wall dive. The reefs are pristine and there's lots of fish, turtles and other creatures. While diving through the boat is ok, most people go independent. I'm going there in Feb. and have booked my dives with Blue Water Divers. They only take 8 diver max. on their boat and Mitch, the owner is the dive master most of the time. This will be my third trip with them and I expect another wonderful experience.

Randall

I second (or third?) the recommendation of Blue Water Divers and Mitch Rolling. Mitch is the dean of the diving business on Grand Turk, having been there for about 20 years, and has trained almost all of the other DMs on the island. Unlike many dive venues, all of the dive operators on Grand Turk (3) are friendly and helpful with each other and they back each other up if there's a problem with anything.

Archived