Margaritaville Ocho Rios

mcnabb3801

Hi me and my wife will be cruising on the Liberty on Jan 3-10 we are undecided on what to do in Ocho Rios. For those of you who have been to Margaritaville please let me know how it was there and is it safe to walk there I have been reading a lot of bad things about Jamacia

Hi me and my wife will be cruising on the Liberty on Jan 3-10 we are undecided on what to do in Ocho Rios. For those of you who have been to Margaritaville please let me know how it was there and is it safe to walk there I have been reading a lot of bad things about Jamacia

Hi,

I was on the Carnival Triumph last year and spent most if not all of my time at Margaritaville. I walked from the ship into town and into the small complex where Margaritaville is located. It felt perfectly safe to me, I had a meal, a few too many cocktails, and stopped off at a stall on the way back to the ship to buy a few t-shirts etc.

Go for it - and have a pina colada for me!

Xatherine

Margaritaville is great. You should go on an excursion and then end the day with Margaritaville. You really need to do the Cool Runnings Sail & Dunn's River Falls tour. I did it a couple years ago and doing it again for my New Years cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - can anyone give us precise directions for this please? Also, more information - is it a restaurant with it's own small beach? Are there sunbeds?

I keep hearing so much people saying how much they enjoyed it - think we'll do it for our Ruby back to back. Don't fancy much of the trips on offer (been to Jamaica before) and was thinking in staying on the ship Jamaica days...

Hi - can anyone give us precise directions for this please? Also, more information - is it a restaurant with it's own small beach? Are there sunbeds?

I keep hearing so much people saying how much they enjoyed it - think we'll do it for our Ruby back to back. Don't fancy much of the trips on offer (been to Jamaica before) and was thinking in staying on the ship Jamaica days...

Margaritavile is a bar/restaurant with a small beach. Admission to the beach is $3.00 and a tanning bed is $5.00. Margaritaville is to the right in the pic.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2048162300082394163oiGZzz

It is a kid friendly beach. There were several kids there when we were in April. There is a trampoline out on the water that they were having fun on too.

If you are uncomfortable walking to the beach, take one of the approved taxis there. It is a very short drive but you don't have to worry about any problems. Getting a taxi back to the ship is very easy too. They are available in front of the shopping area where Margaritaville is located.

We had a great day there and took a little time to shop for t-shirts and coffee after our time at the beach. We enjoyed lunch in the Margaritaville outside dining area right at the beach.

Archived