Lamanai question

Zeno

We are seriously considering taking the NCL Sun excursion to Lamanai but have a couple of questions.
How hot is it at Lamanai ? - quite frankly I do not "glow" like some women do - I turn red and sweat like a hog. I have wondered around ruins before (in Mexico) and although unpleasantly sweaty, I loved the ruins and will put up with a reasonable amount of discomfort.
How much walking is involved in the tour ? I can walk a mile or two but I need to stop and sit on the nearest available ruin and suck on my water bottle regularly. Which reminds me - do they supply water or should I bring an ample supply ?
How "buggy" is it?
Is the boat ride fast or slow ?

The boat ride is slow going there because you do all the sight seeing on the ride to the ruins. The ride back is very fast. In Lamanai, you are in the jungle for most of you time at the site so you have shade. The exception is when you are at the 2 large pyramids. However, you can always wander back into the shade. The entire walking part of the tour is less than 1 mile and the pace is pretty slow. Overall, I would say it is a real good tour. I don't remember how easy it was to get water/softdrinks, we brought our own.

Archived