Anyone heard about a NCL sale starting Monday, 12/15?

Silverspoon

I didn't even know about this deal but it looks like I got it.

Contacted my TA b/c I'd noticed the price had gone down a whopping $96 pretax/fees and my final payment isn't due until Jan 4th.

She emailed me back, the difference in discount only works out to $85 after taxes and fees...and I have to pay a $35 fee to the TA to make the change...BUT instead of $100 OBC we now get $300!

So an overall net gain of $250. Not bad!

Looks like it might be hit or miss for those of us already booked. I checked on our 2 upcoming cruises for next year and haven't been able to take advantage. For our Jade cruise the TA said we can get this promotion but it would have to be at the new fare which is $300 additional per person! I haven't heard back on our Pearl cruise but we got a great price on it and don't expect to get additional OBC.

Fortunately, we have had fuel surcharges removed for both trips recently which was a $500 savings so we will have no worries if we can't get in on the OBC promotion.

In reading information contained when you click on the link it appears that you have to book with SevenSeas to get this promotion. Has anyone booked directly with NCL to get this promo?

I booked directly with my TA and I received the Visa OBC. My TA said I could get the American Express deal if I paid with that card, but I do not have it, just Visa. My TA is not affiliated with SevenSeas.

Yesterday I recieved a phone call from NCL regarding the special. They offered me the same price that I was finding on their site but offered a $100.00 for ship board credit. Maybe give them a call and see what you can find out. This did not encourage me to book yesterday, and no other offer was presented by the sales person on the phone.

Just called NCL (we booked directly on their site) and asked if they were having any promotions...no price decrease but was given $300 OBC for our mini suite. We are sailing the Pearl Oct 2009 and it's our first cruise! We'll have a toast (or several) to cruise critic with that cash!!!

I lost $100 of OBC and got a $200 price drop on one cabin, kept the same OBC and got a $200 price drop on another cabin, and gained $50 OBC and kept the same price on a different cruise.

$350 net difference.

She kept saying, "but you'll lose $100 of your OBC." I kept saying "Yes, but I'll be paying $200 less to begin with."

I am cruising on the Jade on Jan 4th, 2009. I am planning on buying 2 certificates while on board that gives me $100 obc credit each and is my deposit of $250 for each cruise.

Has anyone ever been able to get this deal before they actually cruised? I would like to go ahead an lock in prices, but also want to take advantage of buying the certificates while sailing.

Any suggestions?

I got on at about midnight last night, and things were changing over for a sale, they had a bunch of cruise dates highllighted on the website and then it said "up to 4 catagory upgrade" under the specials, but it wasn't working yet...( I did notice, all the prices had gone up too) and then this morning about 8 it was still there... and I even called about it... she said the upgrades are within the catagory your in, like if you get an inside room, you will be upgraded to a better inside room, if you are in a oceanview, you will be upgraded to a better oceanview, etc... They also had OBC incentives...

However now, the special is gone, but prices are still higher than they were, I think they are in the process of getting sale set up maybe? :confused:

It wouldn't have paid for me to upgrade, since prices have gone up, and I was already in highest quality oceanview, I would have had to downgrade, before upgrading...and the OBC didn't make enough of a differenc.

Nothing for us this time...but we have taken advantage of their sales 3 times since I booked my April 09 Pearl cruise. I currently have $250 OBC for balcony and my fare has dropped about $600 now I think. When I called yesterday, they said, the current cruise price is higher than what I am paying and the deposits are less than I have. I guess I hit it right.

Great news for everyone else who has taken advantage of the sale this time! Happy Cruising.

OK, so I'm sorry I every doubted any of you... I finally called NCL about my May 2nd Alaska cruise, which I booked directly with NCL... and I asked the magic question... "might there be any new sales or promotions I could take advantage of?" And nice as could be, Miss NCL gave me a $300 OBC and did the same for my parents... no difference in fare, and additional OBC.

Now, this may sound greedy... but I'm thinking... we had a $100 OBC for each of the two mini suites because we booked with Visa... and the new deal was $300 OBC for a suite...

but now the original $100 OBC is "gone."

Don't get me wrong, we each gained $200 of OBC, I'm happy. But do you think we could have both?

Someone on my roll call said call, what do you have to loose...

well, I gained, not only the original $100 back, but this time instead of $100 total, I was told the promo is $100pp, so we had $200 added, now we have $500 per cabin OBC.

I'm not sure I'd believe this if I was reading it... but it is true.

Here is the info for the OBCs promo. Sorry if this is a repeat. I have just returned from my first cruise. Pearl is superb and Freestyle is amazing.

2009 Freestyle Resolution Sale!

Book a Norwegian Cruise Line

cruise sailing 2009 to 2011 and receive

up to $500US per stateroom in Onboard Credits!

Valid for bookings made December 15, 2008 – February 1, 2009

ALL 3-5 DAY CRUISES

$30 Inside (I-II)

$40 Oceanview (H-CC)

$80 Balcony (BI-BA)

$100 Mini-Suite (AG -AF)

$150 Suite and Villa (AE-A1)

ALL 6+ DAY CRUISES

$50 Inside (I-II)

$100 Oceanview (H-CC)

$150 Balcony (BI-BA)

$300 Mini-Suite (AG-AF)

$500 Suite and Villa (AE-A1)

Just called NCL PCC for November 2009 cruise and the online TA for our May 2009 cruise, both of which are booked on the PGMIL military rate and in I inside cabins. (Actually the Nov one was in a J, but went up to the I for $32/pp, total of $64) and got the FIFTY ($50.00) OBC for the I category on both of them, or so I was told by both. :) The promo code is PGWAVE.

Here is the info for the OBCs promo. Sorry if this is a repeat. I have just returned from my first cruise. Pearl is superb and Freestyle is amazing.

2009 Freestyle Resolution Sale!

Book a Norwegian Cruise Line

cruise sailing 2009 to 2011 and receive

up to $500US per stateroom in Onboard Credits!

Valid for bookings made December 15, 2008 – February 1, 2009

ALL 3-5 DAY CRUISES

$30 Inside (I-II)

$40 Oceanview (H-CC)

$80 Balcony (BI-BA)

$100 Mini-Suite (AG -AF)

$150 Suite and Villa (AE-A1)

ALL 6+ DAY CRUISES

$50 Inside (I-II)

$100 Oceanview (H-CC)

$150 Balcony (BI-BA)

$300 Mini-Suite (AG-AF)

$500 Suite and Villa (AE-A1)

Someone on my roll call said call, what do you have to loose...

well, I gained, not only the original $100 back, but this time instead of $100 total, I was told the promo is $100pp, so we had $200 added, now we have $500 per cabin OBC.

I'm not sure I'd believe this if I was reading it... but it is true.

does this apply to sailings already paid in full? did this go to your jan uary sailing or may or both?

does this apply to sailings already paid in full? did this go to your jan uary sailing or may or both?

Sorry I wasn't more specific, the $500 OBC I recieved ($300 NCL suite OBC promo and $200 VISA promo) is for my May cruise, which is not paid off. I figure at this rate, soon they will pay me to go on the cruise!!

I booked our Sky cruise for March 30, 2009 last week. We booked two staterooms...one balcony and one interior, directly across from one another.

I just called NCL moments ago, and I was able to get OBC for the balcony stateroom. The price for the interior stateroom had actually gone up by $60 from last week, so clearly opting for a $30 OBC for that room made no sense.

So....I called and received and $80 OBC on an existing booking. I'll take it!

Regina

Archived