Wife will be pregant while crusing

murphyjl

We have just discovered my wife is pregant. we are travelling on PO on the 31 may this year. my wife reckons she is 5 weeks pregant so that would mean she will be 27 weeks gone at the time of the cruise and 29 at the end. I have looked into the po terms and conditions and it appears the cut off is 24 weeks.

Does anyone know if thats the end of it and will i get my deposits back?

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but no, that isn't the end of it.

By the summer you will have a child. Unfortunate, I know, but it is one of the recognised side effects of pregnancy.

But at least they will then let you on Ventura. It's for families don't you know!!

LOL

We have just discovered my wife is pregant. we are travelling on PO on the 31 may this year. my wife reckons she is 5 weeks pregant so that would mean she will be 27 weeks gone at the time of the cruise and 29 at the end. I have looked into the po terms and conditions and it appears the cut off is 24 weeks.

Does anyone know if thats the end of it and will i get my deposits back?

from http://www.pocruises.com/Legal/Booking.axd

P&O Cruises does not have on board its cruise ships adequate medical facilities for childbirth. Accordingly pregnant women are only allowed to travel if pregnant for 24 weeks or less at the time of the cruise disembarkation. All pregnant women are required to produce a doctor’s or midwife’s letter stating that mother and baby are in good health, fit to travel and that the pregnancy is not high-risk. The letter must also include the estimated date of delivery (EDD) calculated from both the last menstrual period (LMP) and ultrasound (if performed). P&O Cruises cannot accept a booking or subsequently carry a Passenger unless they comply with the requirements of this clause. In the case of a booking by or on behalf of a pregnant Passenger made before it could reasonably have been known that the Passenger would not be able to join the cruise by reason of this clause, P&O Cruises will refund in full the price paid by or on behalf of that Passenger and the price paid by any accompanying Passenger but shall otherwise have no liability whatsoever. P&O Cruises expressly reserves the right to refuse passage on board to any Passenger who appears to be in an advanced state of pregnancy and P&O Cruises shall have no liability whatsoever in respect of either such refusal and/or the carriage of any such Passenger.

so to me, it looks like you should get your money back.

Edited:

I originally started to reply as I thought you should be able to transfer to another sailing - but couldn't find that bit on the P+O site, but if you see post 10 on http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=846235

you can see the transfer conditions

I,ve already got 2 kids aged 4&5. I,ve always taken them on the cruise with me at great expense but i think 3 kids will probably be too much cash for me now. So i think i will have to cancel the existing cruise and book up one early in the year before the new baby arrives.

We love our cruising as a family but we will love our new arrival even more.

thanks

Always, always take out insurance at the time of booking, if only to protect your deposit. I use an insurance that even offers for a few pounds no excess charges if you have to cancel for medical, employment or death in the family reasons.

this is a great tip, i have never taken out insurance.

I,ve already got 2 kids aged 4&5. I,ve always taken them on the cruise with me at great expense but i think 3 kids will probably be too much cash for me now. So i think i will have to cancel the existing cruise and book up one early in the year before the new baby arrives.

We love our cruising as a family but we will love our new arrival even more.

thanks

Well said, I am sure your next cruise with your new baby will be even more special.

Archived