"best miami" hotel?

lilypi314

does anybody have experience with the best miami hotel at 5959 SW 71st St in South Miami? i booked through my autoclub, based on its three diamond rating and free shuttle from the airport and to the port. now i've been reading some less than flattering reviews, and i'd like a cruise critic opinion. we aren't looking for luxury...but we also aren't looking to totally slum it. i can still cancel without penalty, but we're looking to spend around $100 for the night (jan 8) and i know that pickings are slim!

I dont know the hotel. But if you are expecting to pay 100.00 per night anywhere in Miami you will get what you pay for unless you got some kind of rare deal at a name brand hotel. I could recommend hundreds of hotels in Miami in your price range, the problem is you won't want to stay at any of them.

Most people coming to our area don't realize you have to expect to pay at least 150.00 and up the majority of the time..even in the so called "off season" (which doesn't really exist in my opinion).

does anybody have experience with the best miami hotel at 5959 SW 71st St in South Miami? i booked through my autoclub, based on its three diamond rating and free shuttle from the airport and to the port. now i've been reading some less than flattering reviews, and i'd like a cruise critic opinion. we aren't looking for luxury...but we also aren't looking to totally slum it. i can still cancel without penalty, but we're looking to spend around $100 for the night (jan 8) and i know that pickings are slim!

i ended up canceling, the reviews were too scary. we booked the red roof inn, with free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port for $100. their reviews are a lot less frightening. normally we would have budgeted more appropriately, but our free place to stay with family fell through at the last minute, so this was a scramble. :)

I dont know the hotel. But if you are expecting to pay 100.00 per night anywhere in Miami you will get what you pay for unless you got some kind of rare deal at a name brand hotel. I could recommend hundreds of hotels in Miami in your price range, the problem is you won't want to stay at any of them.

Most people coming to our area don't realize you have to expect to pay at least 150.00 and up the majority of the time..even in the so called "off season" (which doesn't really exist in my opinion).

Archived