advice re: Miami departures

yashualie

We're driving from Charleston, SC to Miami for our third cruise - Carnival Pride on April 5, 2009! We are arriving a day early - any suggestions on where to stay, where to park, and what to do the day before our cruise? I've never been to Miami so any advice will be appreciated! :o

Hi I am also going out of Miami- in December though and I just got a great price for the Days Inn Airport North. It has free airport and port shuttle, near resturants and other shopping supposedly. I am going in 9 days so when I get back in the New Year I will definatley post how it was. Maybe to good to be true? I don't want to think that!:eek:

Flying in Late Christmas and returning VERY early am Tueasday after Imagination cruise.

Please keep me posted on your experience with Days Inn and have a great time on your cruise!!!! I ended up booking with LaQuinta. It is also near the airport, but they let you park for free while you're on your cruise and they have a free shuttle to the port. You have to find your own way back, but from what I hear it's only $25 or $30 for a cab ride. Anybody have any LaQuinta feedback?

109 days to go!!!

Hey, Mount Pleasant here...lol...just got back from Miami. Stayed at the Homestead Suites out by the airport, got a great deal on priceline (less than $40 and a nice clean suite), about a 15 minute drive to the port, parked in the garage...($20 a day). Had looked at a valet parking service but figured I'd rather just have my car ready when we disembarked. We drove straight back afterwards, left POM at 9:30, made one stop for gas and another for takeout food and made it back to Charleston before 19:30 so not too bad. Have a great time.

Archived