Spa Congestion? Spa Pass Question

metro1026

I've read all the other spa threads, so I hope this is not a repeat.

I'm 28 days away from being on the Gem for 10 days and was considering purchasing the Spa pass for my girlfriend and I. I do realize that they limit the number of these that they sell.

I was wondering if anyone on these boards has purchased such a pass in the past, and how congested it gets? I'm sure like anything else, there are busy times, and dead times....

But does it get to a point where the room is packed and you have to wait to use certain amentities?

Can anyone share what the operating hours are? and what the busy and slow times are? Also, any other tips or advice?

On the Jade, the op hours were 8AM to 10PM. The only potential wait might be for the stone recliner chairs in the therapy pool room (assuming the spa is set up similarly.) Never had a wait for the Therapy pool or anything else. And, if the chairs were full, we'd just relax in the Therapy pool until they freed up. Or, you can just go into the individual locker rooms and relax in the jacuzzi, steam room, sauna or just sit and relax and enjoy the view.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. We'll be budgeting for the spa on all our future trips:D

We adored our time in Gem's spa! The best time is the morning. The entire morning you feel as though you have your own personal space with the occasional stranger passing through :rolleyes:. In the afternoon, it gets a bit more congested. There was one afternoon on a sea day when we had to wait a while for a place to lie down. It was mid to late afternoon and it had gotten quite full, but we "survived" by hanging out in the hot tub until a couple of loungers opened up. Enjoy!

You will not be sorry you purchased the package!! Much needed after a full day of touring or a workout in the gym.

There was, at times, a wait for the stone chairs in the unisex area, but the men's section was practically empty during our recent 12-day Med. cruise on the Jade.

You will not be sorry you purchased the package!! Much needed after a full day of touring or a workout in the gym.

There was, at times, a wait for the stone chairs in the unisex area, but the men's section was practically empty during our recent 12-day Med. cruise on the Jade.

Hi we are on a 12 night in January and wondered how much the spa package costs for 12 nights? :D

Shelly

I purchased the weekly pass a year ago on the Gem and will do so again for up coming new years cruise. Once I get back I will post a review and include details onthe spa. Last year I went in the late afternoon. 4 pm or so. To relax, use the hot tubs, themo pool and then shower etc for dinner. At this time the spa area was pretty quiet. The area was great and I very much enjoyed it. My understanding is morning is pretty quiet also. My only complaint was at times it was hard to find a free chair. Some times there were only a handfull of people in the spa (4-8) but every chair had a towel on it. I wish that everyone would remove their towels when they leave. There were bins for used towels throughout the spa area so placing a used towel in it was not and inconvinence. The cost per day is $ 20, $ 75 for a week pass. I would estimate 10 days would be approx $ 100. I found more women used the spa area than men, so the men's section was usually pretty empty, many times it was just myself. I would shave, shower and change, there whihc my wife and daughters loved because it freed up the space and bathroom time in our cabin.

Enjoy.

My only complaint was at times it was hard to find a free chair. Some times there were only a handfull of people in the spa (4-8) but every chair had a towel on it. I wish that everyone would remove their towels when they leave.

On the Jade, in the co-ed room were 8 stone chairs and the Therapy Pool. Our philosophy was/is that if there was no one in the Therapy Pool, than any chair that was unoccupied for more than a few minutes was fair game - towel or not. Never had a problem.

Thanks for all the great info. I'm really happy men really dont use it. I'll use it ALL THE TIME! too many people around kinda spoil it.

As for the girlfriend....she's more social than I....so she'll be ok in the women's section.

One more question....are the sections really that seperated? What if we want to hang out together in there?

I can only speak for the setup on the Jade. There are two completely separate "locker" rooms for men and women. Each has lockers and showers (duh!) but also a steam room, a sauna room, a jacuzzi, some comfortable chairs to sit/read/admire the view and these cool hot/cold shower things:p

Then, connecting the two rooms is the coed Therapy Pool area that had 8 stone therapy chaise lounges - heated - and the Therapy Pool. So, you hang out there with the SO or hang privately in the separate rooms.

Also, all the rooms had juice or water or tea or whatever. Relaxation to the max:D

Archived