Another new good review re: Orchestra!

lovetexas

Thanks for the heads up re the new review. Sounds like the Orchestra will be enjoyable.

I also like the half carafe wine.

I noticed that all the pricing LukeSkywalker gave was in Euros. I know that in the Caribbean prices will be in American $. Is the Euro now equal to the $?

My mom is going to the Med next week and we just looked this am, and it is $1 to 1.50 euro...

She said it is getting worse on the dollar every week...

Yes, I believe the Caribbean will be all dollars. I can hardly wait to start reading reviews from those travelers.

My mom is going to the Med next week and we just looked this am, and it is $1 to 1.50 euro...

She said it is getting worse on the dollar every week...

Yes, I believe the Caribbean will be all dollars. I can hardly wait to start reading reviews from those travelers.

You will find the prices in the Caribbean for alcohol are cheaper than the Med, something to do with tax!

Wine package 7 bottles Europe £83

Carribean 7 Dinner wine package £33 or choose your own wines from a

selection £53.

I also presume the spirit and beer packages are a lot cheaper than the

European cruises:)

Shame I will be sailing in Europe with the euro 1.1:(

So, I guess on my Orchestra cruise in the Caribbean they will have to print new price lists for wines? (using American dollars)

Anyway, I plan to enjoy my half carafe of wine!

We cruise in Feb. and will report back when we return on the 14th.

No, have not booked any excursions. We plan to do our own, picking up one at the docks, or just figuring out a walking tour.

I have been over on the ports of call bb here on cc and got a lot of ideas.

In Nassau, taking the Jitney's around the island (or where ever they go) and then the water taxi over to Atlantis seems a possibility.

Have you reserved any?

I am still waiting for a booking # from our TA so I can get my MSC check in completed. I did the check-in for our Feb.7 cruise.

We always do our own stuff and never on the ship. Since Antigua is such a strange time, i think we will just go to a beach or if we are able to get more info on the catamaran tour on antigua then we may do that. St Maarten we would have gone to Orient Beach but the times are again strange, from 1-8, so I think we will just walk over to the beach area and hang out there. We have been there many times and this will be fine. On nassau I just want to find a nice beach too. People said to go to Cable Beach by taking the #10 bus to the Wyndam hotel and the beach is there. Have you ever done this beach?

Are you going on this cruise with tons of friends? We had another couple going with us and then cancelled out. We are doing X before this cruise and in Key West we are doing a 2 hour jetski excursion around the keys. Then when on grand Cayman we just go to Eden Rock and snorkel. After that maybe walk around a bit...been there a lot too. Do not want to end up spending that much on tours this time. Soon we should be getting some feedback on the Orchestra in the Caribbean. Cannnot wait for them. Would love to meet up with you on the ship.....

Yes I too am anxiously awaiting reviews of the caribbean!

In St. Martin, we have scheduled the Power Catarman Snorkel trip with Island Marketing. Has anyone done this?

In Antigua we are planning on going with Gordon tours.

In Nassau we are having a toss up between the Sea Lion Adventure and the Segway tour. Both sound great! Still trying to decide.

At Cayo will be our beach day...

Sounds like a great time, even if the ship may not be perfect. I think we will have a great time just being on vacation.....

So, I guess on my Orchestra cruise in the Caribbean they will have to print new price lists for wines? (using American dollars)

Anyway, I plan to enjoy my half carafe of wine!

We cruise in Feb. and will report back when we return on the 14th.

Keep the ship clean, we are sailing the week after you. (2/14-2/21).

LOVETEXAS:

Which Gordon tour are you doing? The snorkeling one or the tour one? Is he able to work with the times we are in that port? WE will be there from 7 am to 2 pm. Probably needing to be on board at 1 pm. I wrote to many tours and they said no since it was not in their time frame.

He said he could do those times. We are doing the island tour with some beach time.

I was planning to go ahead and reserve, but he wants 1/2 for deposit, and I'm still trying to decide to do that or not? I mean would I mail him a check? Or, would he take my credit card?

I am planning to email with more questions.

I ran into that problem in Antigua with Eli's Eco tours, too.

I contacted eli's tours and they said no because of the times. Are your times the same as ours, 7 am-2 pm?

I think we are just going to take a cab to one of the beaches and call it a day. Probably Dickenson beach..... it is 10$ pp each way. Having to be back at 1 makes for a short day...unless you plan on getting off the ship by 7 am.... I just cannot imagine running to a beach at that time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Yes we are at the port the same hours as you guys. I think all of the MSC are kinda strange times.

That is why we have decided to just take a tour. The main stuff in Antigua...(Nelson's Dockyard, etc........) opens early.. like 8am so we felt we could tour then beach it.

Hopefully gordon can do this - he says it is good-- but if not we might just hire a taxi at the port.

Several other ports are kinda strange times too, but I am gonna make it work, and we are out to have a great time!

We think all the ports are strange times, but then again, i like cruising for the ship and not the ports as much so it does not really matter to me either. The only "normal " port time is cayo Levantado which is 9:30 -5. St. Maarten is 1-8, Antigua is 7-2 and Nassau is 12-7.

We all picked this cruise inspite of the port times so it is rather secondary. been to St Maarten so many times.... Antigua is a lot of beaches but I think they all tend to look the same after doing the Caribbean many times. It may be too cool to even go into the water for Nassau..Since that is the last day anyways we are probably just going to do a walking tour of the historic places and then head back to enjoy the ship.

It is all good, and much better than being home. No worries!

HEY-- i agree with you-- no worries---

In Nassau we are still undecided...sea lion or segway...

We have not been to St. Martin in 21 years on our honeymoon.. this time our 9 yo dd will be in tow, so needless to say no nude beach like before!!

We are doing the power catarman, check it out, it sounds like alot of fun..

Yes, i was at first worried about the times, but for this price (we got a great deal on a balcony, and our dd is so cheap!!) there was no way I was passing it up!

Plus, it fell in our Spring Break week.

Our bank has this new "Thank You Network" where we get free points for stuff. I had enough to reserve the Fort Lauderdale Grande and Yacht Club before our crusise.

So i don't feel like we are spending a fortune.. I plan to use all my $$sss for exercusions and shopping!!!

We went with a group offering great rates for cat 1, 2 3 inside being the same price. We took cat 3 on deck 11 , almost midship. The price was 599 with the fuel and taxes, and now we will be getting back 84 as obc for the refund of the fuel. Not bad either. We also look for bargins that make it more affordable, hence the inside cabins. We get free flights using airtran visa. In fact we have not paid for flights for years,even with the kids this past oct or last nov cruises. We got great rates using hotwire for the hotels and even sent in a entertainment coupon saving us another 10$ per hotel. we are staying the night before in Miami then going on a 5 night X cruise and then going on the MSC one and then driving to Orlando( for the direct flight the next day. The hotel there was a 3 star for under 30 and then we used another 10$ off entertainment coupon from my parents book.

We even got all the car rentals for free, and a extra day given to us as a comp. Last yr they screwed up with our car and felt bad(even though it worked out fine) so they comped us 3 one day rentals. This upcoming trip i needed 4 days of rentals so they just gave it to us. So this is a very inexpensive vacation. More power to the consumer!!!!

Archived