Any little known perks when staying in a Garden Villa?

Silverspoon

I've heard it mentioned a few times that you receive limo transportation away from POM.

I've also read about the in-suite alcoholic beverages, pop and mixers being included in the cruise fare.

Some have reported complementary speciality restaurants--but that seems hit or miss. Maybe depends on which ship?

Anything else? Just don't want to miss out on anything!:D

I've heard it mentioned a few times that you receive limo transportation away from POM.

I've also read about the in-suite alcoholic beverages, pop and mixers being included in the cruise fare.

Some have reported complementary speciality restaurants--but that seems hit or miss. Maybe depends on which ship?

Hi We were in the GV on the Dawn last year. It was such a great experience. The space is just fantastic. You do get 6 bottles of alcohol of your choice. If they do not offer what you want then ask for it. They will get it for you if it is on the ship. They kept our little fridge stocked with the soda of our choice and milk. We did get a dinner in the specialty restaurant free. However we had it served in the room because we had a bunch of little ones with us. We had terrific service the entire time and really enjoyed the room. Just ask if there is anything else you would like, they are very accommodating to you. Enjoy!

You know those bottles of Evian water that if you drink it in your cabin you have to pay like $3-$8 bucks or something? In the garden villa you can drink as many as you want for no extra charge. We'd go through 6-8 of them each day!

On the gem the massage chair is an awesome perk! We thought about buying one when we got home and saw that it was like $10,000 or something like that. We didn't get it.

Just got off the Gem yesterday. You will have all the menus from the entire ship. You can have 3 meals a day of anything or everything you want. First thing in morning we had coffee, tea, rolls, buns and fruit brought up. Just tell them what you want. The Hotel Director gave us dinner and wine on him in any restaurant we wanted. We ate in Cagneys Steak house.

The dinners seem to depend on the hotel director. On the Dawn we got one and on the Star two (with wine.) We will see what happens on the Pearl.

Just ask if you need something. The sodas and mixers several types of water are stocked. We always asked for milk and cut limes too because the gang likes limes in their sodas and what is a Gin and Tonic without a lime!

There is a list of music CD's and movies available that they will give you. We never watched any movies but they are available.

We are staying in a courtyard villa on the Jade and I have read several threads and some say that in a CV water, sodas and a couple of bottles of alcohol is included. Does anyone have recent experience that can comment o this. Thanks in advance :)

No alcohol has neverr been included in the CV, except for a welcoming bottle of NCL "Champagne"That is a different category- maybe the penthouse but don't quote me.

The past 2 times we stayed in a cv we NEVER paid for soda or water, but , according to posts here, that has been discontinued.So I am saving my pennies for my cruise in a week!

The dinners seem to depend on the hotel director. On the Dawn we got one and on the Star two (with wine.) We will see what happens on the Pearl.

Just ask if you need something. The sodas and mixers several types of water are stocked. We always asked for milk and cut limes too because the gang likes limes in their sodas and what is a Gin and Tonic without a lime!

There is a list of music CD's and movies available that they will give you. We never watched any movies but they are available.

You will get dinner in Cagney's and a bottle of wine or dinner in a specialty restaurant of your choice and a bottle of wine, on the Pearl. At least that was true this past October.

The piano is fantastic! I have one on my Christmas list! It took awhile to figure out the controls, but once I got the hang of it - I could wow the crowds. :p

The laptop is there for your use too. Remember, though, the Internet time isn't complimentary. We would download our photos and play them as a slideshow.

Archived