Beach shoes

danielle1458

I was wondering what most beach brides do for shoes? I want be barefoot when we get married... The thought of digging our toes in the sand while saying our vows, is all apart of what makes doing the destination wedding so exciting.

With that said, I don't want to ruin my dress in all the running around. I do have a long gown, which isn't what I originally thought I would do. Its not white, but ivory. I'm having a hard time finding something with just a small heal or a fancy flip flop. I'm already 5'9", I don't need heels, but I want a little something to help keep my dress from draggin the ground.

Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

I am planning on wearing just a simple flip flop to get me from the ship to court and then to our wedding location. We are planning on being barefoot on the beach for the ceremony.

Here is a link to what I plan on wearing

http://www.weddingmountain.com/p-4677-macy-123-touch-ups-ivory-thong.aspx

You could also look for a small wedge. That way you won't have the problem of the heel sinking further than the rest of the shoe. I wore nice shoes, but I ordered them from Zappos and got amazing service. I ordered two sizes and sent back the size I didn't want very easily and for free.

http://www.shoes.com/Shop/productdetails.aspx?catalog_name=web&pg=5063700&p=EC1092183&CMP=OTC-Bizrate&partnerid=Bizrate&cpc=Bizrate&=campaign=Touch+Ups+by+Benjamin+Walk&category=W&cpckw=Touch+Ups+by+Benjamin+Walk+Womens+Frankie+Sandal+(White+Thong/Rhinest)

I can't get the picture to copy but these are what I wore during our beach wedding. I didn't have them on for long though. Not that they weren't comfortable (they are SUPER comfy and I still wear them!) but it was easier to go barefoot in the sand.

It really didn't matter anyhow. I had a long dress too and you couldn't see my bare feet OR my shoes! LOL

There are similar styles in ivory on the website as well.

Archived