Which balcony cabin on Brilliance?

If you are looking at a D1 balcony cabin, I would book an aft cabin off the back. The balconies are much larger than the same price cabins off the side. It is a bit of a walk to the nearest stairs and lifts, but IMHO I think it is worth wild. We have previously stayed in a Deck 7 Aft D1 cabin, and a Deck 9 D1 side cabin. No comparison. We are booked in a Deck 8 Aft D1 cabin leaving next week. Can't wait!!!

8670 is a D1 aft cabin, extended balcony, pictures via the link below

Kelly

My Cruise Pics: http://community.webshots.com/user/kfrancis5

Cruise Critic Partae Pirates Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;02;13;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

partaepiratessmallsmall.gif?mtbrand=AOL_US

Carnival Miracle 02/13/05

Sovereign of the Seas, Cabin #4057 - 9/21/03

Brilliance of the Seas, Cabin #8670 - 11/09/2002

Paradise, Cabin E194 - 09/01/2001

Atlantic, 12/1991

Hi,

8594 or 8596. They are in the middle of the Bump on Deck 8. You will not see the lifeboat overhang from them and you can look straight down to the water. We were very pleased with 8596 and if we sail that ship again, we will go for that cabin..

12/06/04

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

Hi abbafan,

The elevators are on the other side of the ship. There is a small hallway in front of those cabins on the Bump, so there is NO NOISE at all. Either of the cabin numbers I gave you will be perfect. We LOVED that area.

Put out a post to MVPinBoynton and ask to see the website for his pictures of that cabin. He had the cabin before I did and took pictures for me to see. It is a wonderful cabin and a great location. Go for it!

12/06/04

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

abbafan,

Check out my Brilliance of the Seas pics in my signature link and there should be a couple pics of cabin 8594 and its balcony. It is a great location and there was no noise whatsoever. These cabins are not next to the elevator but are across from them. The balcony is the same width but about a foot deeper than a standard D1 balcony but the view is spectacular since you can see all the way forward as well as all the way back.

You can also check out my Radiance of the Seas pictures to see the balcony for cabin 8102. This is a HUGE balcony (two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and a small table with room to spare!) and the cabin is just aft of the glass centrum elevators. There was also no noise whatsoever. Since this cabin is aft of the elevators you cannot see the front of the ship but the view is still awesome!

Given a choice, I would pick 8102 (or 8104 right nextdoor) just because the balcony is so much bigger. I will be trying my first aft cabin in October (on the AOS) and am afraid I will be hooked! I've already booked an aft cabin on the Brilliance for October just in case!

Happy sailing!

Kris

Check Out My Splendour, Voyager, Radiance and Brilliance Pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/fjpeppy

Disney Wonder 01/00

Disney Magic 02/01

Sovereign of the Seas 11/25/01

Explorer of the Seas 02/02/02

Grandeur of the Seas 11/09/02

Voyager of the Seas 02/02/03

Splendour of the Seas 04/18/03

Radiance of the Seas 11/09/03

Brilliance of the Seas 03/08/04

Adventure of the Seas 10/03/04

Brilliance of the Seas 02/25/05

Sigh..it looks like all the far aft balconies are taken for the 1/14/05 panama cruise. Also the two hump cabins that were suggested are also taken. Any other cabins that I should look for? I hope to book tomorrow morning. Thanks, April

Adventure of the Seas 4/11/04

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=04>

<param name="day" value=11>

<param name="hour" value=22>

</applet>

April,

You can book any balcony cabin, and tell you TA to keep an eye out to see if any of the aft cabins open up. I'm going on Brilliance in April, 2005 and had to do the same thing. I was lucky and got cabin 9660.

Hope this helps and happy cruising icon_smile.gif

RCCL Sovereign 1/02

RCCL Explorer 1/03

NCL Sea 4/03

RCCL Mariner 9/04

RCCL Brilliance 4/05

Thanks Fern..I'm going through cruisequick so I'm not sure how much help I'd get when it comes to an open aft balcony, but I sure will keep on the lookout. 9660 looks like one of the best. Either way, I'm sure I'll have a great time. Thanks for your input. April

Adventure of the Seas 4/11/04

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=04>

<param name="day" value=11>

<param name="hour" value=22>

</applet>

Archived