ROLLCALL: HAL Oosterdam - Mexican Riviera 1/31-2/7

christojo58

• 2 weeks later...

My partner and I will be on the cruise as well as another couple that we are friends with. This is the second cruise that we have been on with our friends and are really looking forward to an enjoyable week. The last cruise that we went on was Celebrity - anxious to see how HAL compares.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent! A good time will be had by all! It'll be good to see other family on board. We're not ones for RSVP cruises - but by the same token, it's great to have other members of the tribe.

We sooooo need this get away... counting the days... hours... minutes...

David responded not realizing that I already had....SO, there isn't 7 boys from St. Louis invading the ship, there are only 5 of us! We are looking forward to it as well. Have you had you cabin assigned yet? We are anxiously awaiting ours, hoping for an upgrade! I see you have been on HAL before - this will be our first, our last cruise was on Celebrity, it will be hard to beat the time we had.....

Five not seven, huh? My, people come and go so quickly here! :rolleyes:

We bought a guarentee, too, so we don't know our cabin number yet.

We've been looking at Celebrity as a future possibility - everything we read about it makes it sound just that much better than our HAL experiences.

We like HAL because it offers a calm, relaxing environment and high quality. The rooms are larger than on most lines, and the public rooms are very inviting. We particularly like the Explorer Lounge, the Erasmus Library, and the Crow's Nest - all are quiet, beautiful and very comfortable. The gym facilities are extensive. The teak deck chairs on the teak deck give a sense of a slow-paced, relaxed approach. We like the Pinnacle Grill too. I had one of the best steaks of my life at it one evening - and they mixed B&B right at your table (I had never had it prepared before, but just poured from a single bottle).

Celebrity next time? Good chance of it. But the pricing on HAL tends to keep us coming back.

On Saturday I watched Oosterdam in port and sailing away at 7pm CST! Very fun! Go to cruiseshipportal.com and scroll way down to the list of ports and pick out San Diego. I'll probably waste time doing this again next Saturday!

Hi there, I will be sailing also on the 1/31 cruise. I will be attending a medical conference, :-). Hope to make some friends on board. Glad to see that they are several people traveling on this ship.

Waldy

Archived