Roll Call: Celebrity Century Jan 17, 2009!

BearChris

It sure would be nice if there was some other family on the Century on January 17th, 2009. I'm going alone, so it would be nice to find some cool people to hang out with.

Does anybody know how the current CD on the Century is about FOD meetings? I'm hopeful; this will be my first Celebrity cruise after years on Carnival, and I've heard such great things!

Hey there!

My partner and I will be sailing on the Century on the 17th. We'll be on board with my parents as well. (This is our second cruise on the Century).

They do offer FOD meetings each night of the cruise and we'll probably be there for most (if not all) of them.

Hey there!

My partner and I will be sailing on the Century on the 17th. We'll be on board with my parents as well. (This is our second cruise on the Century).

They do offer FOD meetings each night of the cruise and we'll probably be there for most (if not all) of them.

Excellent! I look forward to meeting you guys.

We had a very small FOD turnout on my last cruise (Carnival), but the 6 of us who did show ended up hanging around with each other, playing cards out by the lobby bar, laughing and cheering each other at karaoke and in general having a great time.

Are you planning on making reservations at Murano for any of the nights? I've already booked the 19th and the 21st at 9pm, but I'd be open to changing my reservations or adding people to my tables for those nights if anybody wants supper company.

Basically, I can't wait. We're under the three week mark and I'm getting itchy with anticipation! :D

• 2 weeks later...

We're looking forward to it as well! I haven't had a vacation in over a year so this is going to be a much needed break. My parents have also had a rough year so we are all looking forward to spending some time together and relaxing (which is easy to do on this ship).

We'll see you at the FOD meetings! If for some reason they don't have them we are usually at the martini bar in the evenings.

5 days and counting...

:cool:

We're looking forward to it as well! I haven't had a vacation in over a year so this is going to be a much needed break. My parents have also had a rough year so we are all looking forward to spending some time together and relaxing (which is easy to do on this ship).

We'll see you at the FOD meetings! If for some reason they don't have them we are usually at the martini bar in the evenings.

5 days and counting...

Sounds great! Hopefully your parents will be able to forget all about 2008 at least for the duration of the cruise.

I'm heading down tomorrow and staying at the Hyatt Regency overnight. One of the perks of the economy tanking is that hotels take absurd offers on the "name your own price" website these days. :D

• 4 weeks later...

5 days and counting...

Well, I never did see you guys. I showed up in the Martini Bar every night for the FOD meetings, but it was impossible to tell who, if anybody, was there for the FOD meetings and who was there just enjoying the bar, which was fantastic by the way.

I'm sorry I missed you guys, but I had a great time anyway. Hope you both did too!

Archived