Private Tour Guides in Belize?

maggimus

On past cruises Ive always used local tour guides so that my husband and I could do and see so much more in a lot less time. Im not fond of excursions through the ship. Is there anyone like this is Belize? Any recommendations?

Also-- what are the MUST SEE's/DO's in Belize? We leave on the 12th of January and im kind of last minute with all of this. Honestly, I havent done much of my research so any help is appreciated!

I copied and pasted this from another post of mine. We had a wonderful time on Belize and learned so much from our tour guide. Let me know if you need anymore info.

We found Manny at the pier. After we told him we wanted a private tour with no one else he gave us the price of $175 total (we are a family of 3). We spent about three hours at the ruins. With it being just us and Manny we could take as much time as we wanted. The personal tour he gave us was great and going at our own pace was wonderful. Here's his info if you decide to go with him.

Emmanuel Williams - Belize Cruiseship Taxi Association

Cell: (501) 601-9261

Email: emmanuelbcta@yahoo.com

P.S. Belize was the hot and humid when we were there about ten days ago. Dress in breathable clothing and take bug spray if you go to the ruins. The bugs are not bad, but bug spray is needed.

We had a fantastic personal tour in Belize just a few weeks ago. We pre-booked with experiencebelizetours.com. Our private tour guide was Allen Dawson who was born and raised in Belize and had much insight into the local culture, customs, history, food, etc. It was a real pleasure to have Allen speak to us in a conversational tone about his homeland instead of having a tour guide shouting to 30+ tourists on a packed ships tour bus. Their tours are pretty much custom made for your preferences and most include a lunch of authentic (and safe) local cuisine.

We had a fantastic personal tour in Belize just a few weeks ago. We pre-booked with experiencebelizetours.com. Our private tour guide was Allen Dawson who was born and raised in Belize and had much insight into the local culture, customs, history, food, etc. It was a real pleasure to have Allen speak to us in a conversational tone about his homeland instead of having a tour guide shouting to 30+ tourists on a packed ships tour bus. Their tours are pretty much custom made for your preferences and most include a lunch of authentic (and safe) local cuisine.

Do you care to share what you did while in Belize?

Do you care to share what you did while in Belize?

Our basic tour was the Altun Ha archaeological area (Mayan ruins). This was the first time we had been to a Mayan site so we had nothing with which to compare it, but with Allen's commentary of background information it proved to be very interesting and worthwhile. We also had lunch at the Mayan Wells restaurant near Altun Ha. The grounds are a virtual paradise with a beautiful natural setting. Carl and Martha Simons are hosts and they will make you feel like family (and maybe even let "Toukie" the toucan roost on your arm and eat out of your hand). We also had a tour of the city. I have to say that for the longest time before this cruise I had been thinking of snorkeling offshore at the barrier reef but we decided to save that for our next visit (probably a good choice since the weather was kind of sketchy and windy). Since we pretty much had Allen as our guide for the day, we could go wherever we wanted and we did have a personal agenda (which might not appeal to most cruise tourists). We spent some time visiting a missionary home and having some upbuilding association with the missionaries that lived there. That's what we did but it's pretty obvious there's much more to see and do in Belize.

Our basic tour was the Altun Ha archaeological area (Mayan ruins). This was the first time we had been to a Mayan site so we had nothing with which to compare it, but with Allen's commentary of background information it proved to be very interesting and worthwhile. We also had lunch at the Mayan Wells restaurant near Altun Ha. The grounds are a virtual paradise with a beautiful natural setting. Carl and Martha Simons are hosts and they will make you feel like family (and maybe even let "Toukie" the toucan roost on your arm and eat out of your hand). We also had a tour of the city. I have to say that for the longest time before this cruise I had been thinking of snorkeling offshore at the barrier reef but we decided to save that for our next visit (probably a good choice since the weather was kind of sketchy and windy). Since we pretty much had Allen as our guide for the day, we could go wherever we wanted and we did have a personal agenda (which might not appeal to most cruise tourists). We spent some time visiting a missionary home and having some upbuilding association with the missionaries that lived there. That's what we did but it's pretty obvious there's much more to see and do in Belize.

Who was your guide? Did you go through a certain company?

Who was your guide? Did you go through a certain company?

The name of the tour company is Experience Belize Tours Ltd. Our tour guide was Allen Dawson. Their web address is: experiencebelizetours.com. Allen's wife, Leah, handles all correspondence as well as acting as guide for some of the tours (like snorkeling).

We were in Belize this past September, and used Nacho and Cynthia of NCQ adventures - and they were excellent! I had booked on the internet for a private tour with just my husband and I. We went to Altun Ha, and had a lengthy tour of the city. Nacho was an extremely informative and entertaining guide, and we were able to spend as long as we wanted at each stop. My husband uses a walker as he is disabled, and Nacho and Cynthia were very solicitous - helping load and unload his walker from the van, supplying water, helping him over the bumpier terrain. We thoroughly enjoyed their company for the day!

Archived