Chankanaab National Park questions

Gingee

We were thinking of just going to Chankanaab park and do the beach thing. Does anyone have any pictures of it? I can't find much on-line. We have done the dolphin thing there before so we kind of remember some things. I remember a very small pool by the dolphin area. Is that the only pool? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

We were thinking of just going to Chankanaab park and do the beach thing. Does anyone have any pictures of it? I can't find much on-line. We have done the dolphin thing there before so we kind of remember some things. I remember a very small pool by the dolphin area. Is that the only pool? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

I think that pool is it. From what I recall, the beach was very rocky.

It was lovely: very spacious, plenty of chairs, numerous areas to snorkle. Water shoes are a good thing, as it is rocky. It has to be "rocky" since that is the coral reef which = good snorkling! Snuba and snorkle equipment is available.

A waiter brought us drinks. The drinks were tasty and not watered-down. There was a nice restaurant with good, reasonably priced food. We were serenaded by a 3 man Mariachi Band while we ate.

Our friends did the dolphin experience. The swimming pool is for the participants of the dolphin swims. However, we could have paid for a pass to use the pool, but the water was cold -- so we did not.

Nice restrooms. Taxi ride $12 to the park and $10 back...go figure!

We have been to Nachi Cocoum, Playa Mia, Paradise Beach and now Chankanaab.

So a pool is not included? Bummer but then again we will have one on the ship. Is the water warm in the ocean? Is it blocked off from "big fish" in the swimming area? Also, is the snorkeling real close? I want to snorkel but my daughter and husband don't so I was hoping I could do it while they just hang out on the beach.

Lots of pictures from Chankanaab here:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/fantasy_07/coz/coz2.htm

This is a great set of pictures (although it takes awhile for them all to download). These should answer almost anyone's questions about the park (although a narative would be nice).

We did Chankanaab and the dolphin swim on our own a couple of years back and had an enjoyable time. The park itself was a lot of fun walking around, and the iguanas amazing.

The beach area was nice with a lot of sand.

Snorkeling was good, not great, although the day we were there, it was a bit cloudy. The snorkeling area has a lot of rocks and as shown in a couple of the pictures, the stairs in can be a bit tricky.

You'll have fun...

Thanks for the pictures Nolalive. You are really helping me on this trip. I want to do the waterfalls in Guatamala (going to wait to see what deal we can make after we get off the ship), want to do the park in Cozmuel and I am starting to get excited. (Especially at this moment as my husband said it is lightly snowing. YUCK

Try Discover Mexico and Chankanaab parks. You will be very impressed. These are things you cannot do at any of the other islands on your cruise. Don´t miss out shopping in downtown and stopping by Los 5 Soles for shopping and a great margarita !

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks NolaAlive for the link of the Cozumel pics! They were great. I tried to link to the website for the park, but it came up as an error. Trying to decide what to do for an excursion while we are there, and this looks like agreat idea! Thanks!

Archived