Meet and Greet

44summertime

Hello;

Just off the Emerald last Thursday. I emailed the Princess contact the monday before our Cruise saying we had 30+ CC members and asking about a M&M. I received a phone call the next morning ( did not leave number in email) and we arranged for Adagio for the second sea day. We had two bar waiters and a bartender for an hour. Granted it was not like RCI etc. but I thought the response was great.

I had heard that a more formal arrangement was in progress ( Thank you Laura and CC) with Princess. That would be wonderful and hope I can take advantage of it on the Golden next year.

TiggerB: loved your idea of the notes to key staff and impressed that it worked out so well. Wish I had heard about it a few weeks ago - story of my life;-)

As far as picking at one another regarding one line's activities vs another- I think most of us would just like to hear what the other lines had to offer minus the sometimes strong commentary which tends to lead to more of same. IMHO

Gogy: Golden is same class as Grand and Star with 2600 passengers, compared to CB and Emerald with just over 3000. Golden is in for an upgrade in April of this year to add Vines, Sanctuary, Steakhouse change and upgrades to some other areas, and the International Cafe. Caribbean Princes just finished this and there were some issues on the Cruise immediately following the upgrade. Not sure when your cruise is but something to keep in mind. We are booked on the Golden for April of 2010.

Dennis

I e-mailed the proper person at Coral in the Princess office to set up a M&G. She gave me the time, and I posted it on our roll-call. It was great:D to meet the cruisers on the roll-call, but otherwise we fell through the cracks. The bar had no idea we were coming at that time.

I next talked to the CD about setting up another time and noticing it in the patter (I hadn't been smart enough to get all the cabin numbers). I asked him to come or send someone from his staff. The bar had no idea we were coming at that time either. The CD had another meeting to go to, and no one from his staff participated.

Nothing like falling through the cracks twice!:(

But it was a great cruise except for that. Nancy

Archived