Am I Crazy?

Ok - I may be going off the deep end here! I am leaving in 10 days for the NOS! I am ready for a week of mother/daughter bonding and a bunch of foo foo drinks on the islands....but I am feeling really bad about leaving my cats alone. Actually, so is my mom (she's usually the one to "baby-sit" while I am gone). We are actually considering getting someone to come stay at our house for the week! She does not work or drive, so she would be sure to be here all week with them. I was ok with leaving them at first, but the little one is making me feel guilty. She has been on this kick lately where you have to play "catch" with her and her fake mouse! I am crazy by having someone stay with them, rather than having someone come over daily and check on them?????

Nope, you aren't crazy. The cats will feel better and will be less apt to be "bad kids" while you are gone. You will feel more secure knowing there is someone at your house to keep an eye on your appliances (Had a friend whose refrigerator went out when she was gone. Can you imagine coming home to that?), and make sure that your house doesn't look abandoned. You made a good decision.

Enjoy your cruise with a good dose of peace of mind!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;3;26;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Till we sail Splendour of the Seas 3/26/05!

Century 3/20/04
Horizon 4/03
Golden Princess 3/30/02
Grandeur 4/01
Holiday 3/92

Your thoughts of a house sitter for the kittys sounds wonderful to me. If you feel the cats are wanting for nothing, I'm sure you will be able to enjoy your cruise and relax. I had four different people help care for our four legged children during our cruise last month and it made my vacation even better!

I try and get a house sitter while we are away for the animals. I have several animals, 2 dogs, a cat and severa ducks and chickens. We have had good luck using my son and nieces who are in their late teens and early 20's. So far there have been no parties and nothing has been broken. I think we have been just lucky. Using neighbors has not worked well. We have had them forget to come feed and once they left the well running all week and burned the pump up. Our dogs feel more secure with someone with them. Good luck, Carla

Carla steckmyer

Not crazy in the least. We have someone come stay with our menagerie every time we go on a long trip. Of course, zookeepers work well, as we have 3 dogs, a cat, 5 birds, and a saltwater fishtank all on the inside of the house! The animals are happier when we get home, and we feel better about leaving them.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;03;20;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
<color=#8b0000>until Serenade of the Seas Spring Break 2004!!

You're not crazy at all. We feel really bad when we go a trip if we have to put our cat in a kennel.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

I feel the same way about leaving my cats, thankfully I moved two doors down from my sister who know comes over with her kids and plays with them while I am gone. One other thing, recently I was watching TV and they showed the cat sitter video, its a video that has a continuous loop and puts birds, squirrels, hamsters, etc, on your tv, my cats LOVE it, they will sit in front of this thing for hours, I actually ended up putting in on my portable dvd player and everyone who comes to my house laughs at how the attack the screen and just sit and stare at it. The other night my one cat fell asleep on it. It was only $12 and worth every penny.

Janet

Mariner of the Seas 3/04
Enchantment of the Seas 9/03
Explorer of the Seas 7/03
Carnival Triumph 2/03
Imagination 7/02
Jubilee 4/02
Sensation 2/98
Carnivale 10/91

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until we sail again on the Mariner

We never go away without someone staying with our 2 cats. They are both getting up there just like us, and our oldest, Buckley, has never been out of the house since my neighbor found him 17 years ago when someone tossed him out of a car on the highway. He was only about 4 weeks old and teeny. He sure has grown, but doesn't go near a door. Hence, either someone stays or we don't go. We have always had someone, though. Being concerned isn't crazy, it just means we love our babies.

Archived