Oasis of the seas ready early- maiden brought forward like Ventura

LibraLass41

Read in todays paper Oasis of the Seas will be finished ahead of schedule, meaning a change to her maiden voyage (sounds familiar - Ventura??).

Royal Caribbean have put in two extra cruises - a 7 night run to St Thomas, St Maarten and Nassau, sailing Dec 5th 2009,and a 4 night special .

Passengers who booked the original 'maiden voyage' will be able to switch to the Dec 5 sailing.......

We had a whole debate 9 months ago about the Ventura thing, and the importance/significance that some people attach to being on a maiden cruise, so let's not re-open that again.

However, I note that RCI are offering 'original' maiden cruise passengers the option of switching to the new maiden; and I recall that Celebrity did the same when Celebrity Solstice turned up early. That seems a fair thing to do; it will satisfy those who really really want to sail on the official 'maiden cruise'.

(Of course, that's easier to do in the Caribbean where I think most US-based companies offer 7-night itineraries. In the UK where most cruises are 14 nights, any early delivery is unlikely to be early enough to schedule an additional 14 nighter. Offering a switch from a 14-night cruise to a 2-nighter isn't too attractive.)

Archived