? for cruisers living in Galveston

packedandready

Bluewater Highway is open if you have a truck or a 4 wheel drive vehicle and are able and willing to navigate some very rough spots where the road is washed away. We live down here and we're not going down that road yet. It's going to be a while before it gets repaired. I was at Surfside last week and they've made great strides cleaning it up but you can still see a lot of damage.

Hello,

Anyone know if Bluewater Hwy is open from Galveston to Surfside?

Thanks

Also...any good chinese restaurants there?

Unfortunately, Galveston doesn't have great Chinese food. There's decent Chinese food at the Vietnamese place on Broadway, Pho 20. If you're coming down I-45, stop at 888 Chinese Restaurant (exit #20, highway 646). It's the best you can get near Galveston.

Unfortunately, Galveston doesn't have great Chinese food. There's decent Chinese food at the Vietnamese place on Broadway, Pho 20. If you're coming down I-45, stop at 888 Chinese Restaurant (exit #20, highway 646). It's the best you can get near Galveston.

There is an awesome Thai/Vietnamese restaurant in Texas City that is only a few miles off of I-45 on the way to Galveston, called the Basil House.

http://maps.google.com/maps?client=safari&rls=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&um=1&q=basil+house+texas+city&fb=1&view=text&latlng=6459922084364452562

It is on Palmer which is exit 15 from I-45. The coconut soup is great!

Archived