Misbehaving Children

Lapidarylady

On our recent cruise, kids were diving in the mid-ship pool and playing UNDER the net that was in place (while it was rough)!!! Yikes! The crew said nothing, even though this would seem to be a huge safety concern.

Until our last cruise, I've had positive comments for Club Hal. DS who is now 10 has always wanted to go for the fun activities. But on our last cruise, the director seemed to have lots of scanvenger hunts, which sent the kids RUNNING all over the ship. I'm sure she had plenty of quiet time up in club Hal, but we were with a cruise critic group who knew we had a 10 yo. Not only did we see the problems it created, and were told by others in our CC group, but even DS reported some of the misbehavior. IMHO, scavenger hunts should NEVER be conducted as a part of the Club Hal activities.

We had family day at work yesterday. All over the building we had posted signs that stated:

Any unsupervised children will be given 2 energy drinks & a puppy!!

We didn't have a stick of trouble with unsupervised children!!

We had family day at work yesterday. All over the building we had posted signs that stated:

Any unsupervised children will be given 2 energy drinks & a puppy!!

We didn't have a stick of trouble with unsupervised children!!

That is a great story. Thanks for the laugh:D.

This post made me chuckle. Just wait until you have 2 pre-teens...it will give you a whole new perspective on the term "family vacation". :eek:

It was about that time that DH and I decided we needed an "us" vacation to counteract the family vacation.

I know... lol. I'm being naive. I see what my sister is going through with her daughter who just turned 14... I can't believe the attitude at times, and the eye rolls, but even still, she's a great kid that I adore spending time with (but I also don't have to live with her 24/7). I've also warned her that I am fully capable of embarrassing her within an inch of her life, so she'd better be nice to me or I'll be sure to ask her about boys, and dance when her friends are around, etc.

As I said in my earlier post - when our son is older, chances are we'll pick different types of vacations so he gets the autonomy he needs, and has enough fun, age-appropirate stuff to do that he has fun, but also so hubby and I can enjoy things.

We did look at an RCCL cruise, but I've done two of those about 11-12 years ago, and while I had a great time, I wasn't overly impressed with the food (but it wasn't bad or anything). My son is too young to do any of the cool stuff on the big ships, and while the rock climbing walls are neat, no one... and I repeat NO ONE needs to see my overly-fluffy butt scaling a wall while on vacation (or at any other time lol).

Archived