Must See/Do in GC?

bellabluesmom

I, too, hate to book ship excursions... too many people! There are lots of reviews of private companies on this port - skim thru the different posts and read some. We finally booked Native Ways as they had one without snorkeling, as my hubby is not into that. But I have read NO bad reports from any of the companies. (or just google Grand Cayman tourism and get lots of sites.)

Not to be missed is a trip to Stingray City. You can swim/snorkel with the rays or stay on the boat and watch from there. We chose an independent tour company from the port. Don't take the first offer though, shop around and pay cash...the longer you wait, the more you can negotiate a better price. We shopped for about and hour, then came back to the port to see who was still trying to fill seats on their tour.

We also did the Rays, Reef & Rumpoint tour with Nativeways in November. We booked this on our own. Sharon replied quickly to our emails, met us at the pier, her husband transported us to the dock and Chris was our Captain for the tour. Excellent tour and value.

With a group of 10 you get $5 off the price. We paid $57 pp (which included a delicous lunch). Maybe if you ask on your roll call, others may join in and enjoy the extra savings.

Enjoy your cruise!:)

Archived