Need rec for nice all-incl resort in Ocho ffering day pass

marska

I need a recommendations for a resort in Ocho Rio for a couple (no kids) with a nice beach and beautiful resort that has (preferrably) an all-inclusive day rate for cruise ship px. There are so many mentioned here with pros and cons, its hard to sort them out!

Thanks!

We just went to the Couples San Souci and we had a great time. The grounds are really beautiful and it has a very nice beach. It is all inclusive and we paid 50$ for all day. Just search "couples" and you will find several good threads on it. I just posted some pictures on the most recient thread.

Thanks. I have heard a little about it; I'll keep searching.

Can you tell me how to get info regarding booking a day pass and transportation?

I would like to know too!! We're leavingnext week on the Ruby Princess and are booked on the $119 per person Sandals excursion - too much money!! This sounds much better.

Here is what I reported on another thread:

We just got back from Couples SS. At the port the quoted taxi fare is 20PP which is round trip. There were four of us so it would have been 80$. We told them we wanted one way 20$ for all four of us. They said imposible so we told them we would just go out of the port and get a cab. Of course they said OK. We also had to insist on one way because we didn't want to wait for them to get us and we didn't know when we wanted to return to the ship. The return from Couples is only 15$. There are taxis waiting at the resort so no waiting to call one. It was 50$ PP for the day and we were early enough for breakfast. The grounds are beautiful. The resort is on a hill that slopes down to the water so there are stairs to climb. There is a snorkle boat that goes out at 9:30, 11 and 3. They have catamarins, kayaks and water bicycles. We thought the food was good but there was not a great variety. It was a great day and we would difinatly go back the next time we are in Ocho Rios.

So all you need to do is get off the ship and find a cab to take you to Couples. You don't need reservations or anything. We did email them before we left to be on the safe side. This is a cruise ship special that is $50 a person all inclusive. You can see the top of the ship from their beach it's that close. We left the ship at 8:30 and were at the resort by 9.

Archived