Fascination question

I am looking at going on a cruise over Labor Day on the Fascination. I have a 6year old. Can anyone tell me if this ship will be fun for her? Also, the smaller cabins only have 2 twins that make a queen. My husband and I are not exactly small people, what do others do when they bring their kids? Do they get a suite? Thank you!:D

We're just off the Fascination and my six year old daughter had her best cruise ever. She loved Camp Carnival so much she always wanted to be there. The activities for the 6-8 year old kids were lots of fun for her.

Not sure about your room question. You have to book a room that will accommodate the three of you without sharing beds. There are many cabins that will suit you.

In the cabins that accomodate three+, there will either be a roll away bed that the cabin steward will set up at night OR a top bunk bed type that will be set up. We prefer this type of bed. It will usually lay over from the wall and looks like the top of bunkbed with the ladder and rails. During the day, it is lifted and out of the way. At night, you still have the floor space and walking room around the one combined queen bed. Look for a cabin that has these type of beds for more floor space at night.

I am looking at going on a cruise over Labor Day on the Fascination. I have a 6year old. Can anyone tell me if this ship will be fun for her? Also, the smaller cabins only have 2 twins that make a queen. My husband and I are not exactly small people, what do others do when they bring their kids? Do they get a suite? Thank you!:D

They are two twins that form a king when pushed together. I have done 4 in an inside cabin twice. It's not spacious, but it's doable. The third and fourth person sleep in beds that fold down from the walls or on a rollaway bed. Some people will call you crazy for considering it, but three of the four of us are far from small (my son is 6'4, 250lbs) and it really wasn't that bad. You have to be organized and try not to overpack. Most people aren't in the room that much anyways. I say go for it.

Remember that carnival has some of the largest standard cabins in the industry. Most inside and ocean view cabins average 186-190 square feet. Other cruise lines average about 120 square feet.

I've put four to a room (ocean view) without issue. Dh and I aren't terribly small either..tho our kiddos could both fit in our largest piece of luggage (12 and 9!).

We've looked at sailing other cruise lines, but will only do so if we can afford an upgrade as the cabins are just SO small. Probably why RCI is so out of range for our family....119 square feet is just a bit too tight for four. Our first cruise was with RCI, and it was just the two of us. It was literally, a queen with a small walkway on either side of the bed, a vanity at the foot of the bed, and a closet across from the bathroom flanking the entry way. Doable with two people but we would have been miserable with four.

Archived