Recent visit to Progreso

My family just returned from visiting Progreso aboard the Carnival Fantasy. We found Progreso to be a very inviting and authentic town. It is obvious that their tourism effort is in its infancy but they are making great progress. We took the AutoProgreso tour to Dzibilchaltun ruins and really enjoyed the experience - both educational and fun. We rode the double decker bus around Progreso which helped us get oriented to the town and allowed us to see the beachfront restaurants and shops before we took out on our own. We had snacks and drinks at Los Arcos and were treated royally by an American named Tristan. Their salsa, fresh tuna, and chips were delicious. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PROGRESO. It is not commercialized but very authentic.

My family just returned from visiting Progreso aboard the Carnival Fantasy. We found Progreso to be a very inviting and authentic town. It is obvious that their tourism effort is in its infancy but they are making great progress. We took the AutoProgreso tour to Dzibilchaltun ruins and really enjoyed the experience - both educational and fun. We rode the double decker bus around Progreso which helped us get oriented to the town and allowed us to see the beachfront restaurants and shops before we took out on our own. We had snacks and drinks at Los Arcos and were treated royally by an American named Tristan. Their salsa, fresh tuna, and chips were delicious. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND PROGRESO. It is not commercialized but very authentic.

A few questions when you get a chance, please.

What time did you get off the boat?

What time did you tour begin?

What time did they bring you back to the boat?

What was the temp./weather like?

Thanks so much!

Archived