Good snorkeling in Nassau? which beach is best?

springisch

My husband and I will be in Nassau at the end of January. We love to snorkel and would like to find a good place to snorkel if possible. Excursions from the ship (Carnival) sound like you go in a large group, so obviously don't care if you find a good snorkel spot.

If the snorkeling is not very good in Nassau we would like to find a nice beach to chill at (or do both). I've read the British Hilton is good, but also read not good for children...we will not be bringing children but don't want a riske beach experience. I read of some beach with refillable drinks in coconuts?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

My husband and I will be in Nassau at the end of January. We love to snorkel and would like to find a good place to snorkel if possible. Excursions from the ship (Carnival) sound like you go in a large group, so obviously don't care if you find a good snorkel spot.

If the snorkeling is not very good in Nassau we would like to find a nice beach to chill at (or do both). I've read the British Hilton is good, but also read not good for children...we will not be bringing children but don't want a riske beach experience. I read of some beach with refillable drinks in coconuts?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Snorkeling is NOT good from the shore. You can find good snorkeling experiences from the Flying cloud (www.flyingcloud.info) or Seahorse adventures (www.seahorsesailingadventures.com)

As for the BCH not being good for children.. it's not because it's an 'adult" beach, it's because it's quiet and serene (mainly a business hotel), so kids get a bit bored there. There's no kid's club or entertainment to keep them busy, and the pool is a quiet pool with no jumping, splashing or acting up.

You'll find quite a few business suits around the pool during the daytime.. along with the bathing suits.

We'll be in Nassau Feb. 19 on the Sensation and would love to go snorkeling. We checked out Barefoot Sailing for the 1/2 day sail & snorkel and it's $75/pp for 3.5 hrs. Unfortunately we can't book with Stuart's Cove since the ship docks at noon and they said we won't make it in time for their 12:15 trip - we were so disappointed. Surprisingly enough, the Carnival sail & snorkel, for 3.5 hrs, same as Barefoot, is only $49. Flying Cloud doesn't leave till 2 and it's $60/pp, and Seahorse Sailing leaves from Atlantis. Just can't decide which to book. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

Meg

If you have time to go to stuarts cove you won't regret it. Wonderful snorkel experience and awesome staff. My wife got a little seasick and the captain gave her so much attention which was very thoughful. Also my mother who is 60 and overweight was embarresed about needing help back into the boat. The captain and I took an arm and helped her up and he encouraged her to get back in if she wanted because it was nothing to be ashamed of. Wonderful crew, snorkel, and well worth the time.

Archived