Paradise baggage question! 1/9/08

wendic

Hello! We leave on Fri for the 3 day Ensenada cruise for my B-Day! Woohoo! I don't quite understand the Carnival instructions for baggage. They said they have curbside porters that are not employed by Carnival to take your luggage. Is this you checked bags? Or do we take our checked bags to where we check in? Probably a dumb question but the way they say it in the documents it sounds like you hand the curbside porters your carry-on luggage, it didn't make sense.:confused:

I just want to know exactly what to do!! There's 31 of us going!!:p

Wendi

Hello! We leave on Fri for the 3 day Ensenada cruise for my B-Day! Woohoo! I don't quite understand the Carnival instructions for baggage. They said they have curbside porters that are not employed by Carnival to take your luggage. Is this you checked bags? Or do we take our checked bags to where we check in? Probably a dumb question but the way they say it in the documents it sounds like you hand the curbside porters your carry-on luggage, it didn't make sense.:confused:

I just want to know exactly what to do!! There's 31 of us going!!:p

Wendi

Yes, you just give them your checked luggage.

Arrival at the Cruise Terminal:

Guests will follow the directions to the Port and pass through Port Authority Security. Guests will be asked to show Proof of I.D. and Cruise Documents.

Guests will drop off their luggage at the Baggage Drop-Off area and give the luggage to the Porter; the customary tip for this service is $1.00 per bag. Guests will park their car in the designated parking area and walk back to the terminal; depending on the distance, some cruise terminals have a complimentary shuttle from the parking area to the terminal.

Guest will proceed into the cruise terminal for Check-In.

The Embarkation Check-In Procedure

Guests will pass through the X-ray Security Machines with their carry-on bags. Luggage larger than 24" x 16" will not be permitted through the security machine and must be checked-in with a curbside porter.

Guests will proceed to the Check-In area. The embarkation process will include submitting cruise documents, showing proof of travel documentation and issuing a credit card (if applicable) for their Sail & Sign Account.

The porters will take your checked bags before you even go to check in. Make sure your tags are on your luggage before arriving at the port. You will take your carry-on with you through the entire process & until you are in your cabin.

The porters are located on the ground floor of the parking structure. Think curbside at an airport. Early check in is at the Queen Mary.

If you travel with carryon luggage, you can bring them on the ship with you. I bring a 22" and a tote. If you do this, do not smuggle alcohol. Long Beach is really good at finding it in your carryons.

Archived