We've been to the Bahamas before but....

pampaul

we only went on a bus tour of the island ending with a tour of the pirate museum. (we were sailing with the Norwegian Dawn at the time) We weren't too impressed with the whole tour thing. We're heading back there the first week of July and hubby wants to do just a beach day. We are a family of four (me, DH, DS12 and DS13)

Which beach do you recommend? How would you get there? How much does the transportation cost? Anything you can tell me will be great.

You can take a shared taxi into Lucaya for about $5.00 pp. There you can use the beach at the Westin or regions east. You'll have access to all the restaurants and shopping of Port Lucaya Marketplace that way. You can't use the chairs and things at the Westin though, so you might want to bring a blanket.

You could go out to Paradise Cove, but it is more expensive, $35pp including snorkeling equipment, lunch and lounge chairs.

You can also take a taxi to Xanadu Beach, which is $20.00. There is a beach bar there and a very nice beach.

One other option is Taino Beach Park, where you have access to a few beach bars. A cab out there is $27.00, but if you share it with a few people it will be less. This and Xanadu are for people who don't really want the crowds of the Westin and would prefer less people.

Lots of options, and very good beaches. Of these, only Paradise Cove offers much in the way of snorkeling though.

we only went on a bus tour of the island ending with a tour of the pirate museum. (we were sailing with the Norwegian Dawn at the time) We weren't too impressed with the whole tour thing. We're heading back there the first week of July and hubby wants to do just a beach day. We are a family of four (me, DH, DS12 and DS13)

Which beach do you recommend? How would you get there? How much does the transportation cost? Anything you can tell me will be great.

GBI (freeport) or Nassau? The above info is for GBI. Nassau has many options.

I think from you mention of pirate museum you mean Nassau.

You might try the Yellowbird. The children are old enough to enjoy the fun and "free" rum for the adults. It goes to a nice beach.

Archived