linens in PV, Mazatlan, Cabo

sparkle56

This is a weird question. Do any of these ports have areas where one could buy inexpensive linens, i.e. tablecloths? My daughter is getting married in February and we are looking for nice, but affordable, round brown tablecloths. I know that in some of the ports we've visited around the world, linens are a common "good buy" and just wondered about the ports on this cruise.

I wouldn't try Cabo (seeing as how it's built for tourists), but in PV (and I assume Mazatlan), I would think you could find a store where locals purchase their day-to-day goods and get a good price. I don't know how much time it is worth to you to find a good bargain, but if you're willing to go out of your way, I would think Pitillal (down the road behind Walmart in PV) would be a good bet. Take a taxi (about $5) (it's easy to get on the wrong bus to there) to the plaza, and check the shops around it. Unless you are fluent in Spanish, look up the phrase to request what you want, and learn to pronounce it correctly. Then someone should be able to point you in the right direction. You can take the bus back to Walmart, which is across the street from the cruise pier.

Or you can go downtown to the Rio Cuale area and check out the flea market.

Good luck in your search.

Archived