AOS 12/21/08 Christmas Cruise Review

When we finally got to the ship to drop of luggage, a total of 10 bags for both families.

Gladys...I am thoroughly enjoying your review....but I had to stop and comment...10 bags for BOTH families? :eek:How the heck did YOU do that???? roflmao.:p Hugs- Suzanne

Christmas2008046.jpg

OMG...G, you and your DD are seriously rockin' those gowns!! (DH is looking quite fine in his tux too!) You are all gorgeous! (And the blue dress too....I wish I could take you shopping with me!)...ok Im going back to the next installment now. :D

Thanks for the wonderful review. If the pictures work well, I will include them in our Adventure Review for the week of Jan 18 - 25. Thanks for the information, the inspiration, and the pictures!

I will be waiting with anticipation for your review.

Gladys...I am thoroughly enjoying your review....but I had to stop and comment...10 bags for BOTH families? :eek:How the heck did YOU do that???? roflmao.:p Hugs- Suzanne

Lady Patsy and DH had 4 bags and we had 6 bags not including our personal carry on. We checked 3 large bags which was free because we booked our flight before the charges went into effect. We had 3 carry ons that were large, however when we got to the gate the airline staff asked for volunteers to have their luggage stored underneath the plane at no charge and of course we surrendered ours. Our personal carry on were large duffel bags. I also read and actually saw people with carry ons to large for the overhead bins and the airline staff tagged it to go under the plane free. Now I know how to get luggage checked for free.;)

Thank you so much for the photos and the reviews. We have sailed this itinerary twice now and have enjoyed it immensely. The next trip is in June on NOS out of Rome. I hope that will be as much fun as before.

I am sure it will be. I have never had a cruise that was not fun. Please share your experiences with us when you return. Sometimes we don't get a chance to travel some places in person and the only way we can see them is thru the eyes of someone else. Take plenty of pictures and share please.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the wonderful review, the beautiful photos, and the Valentine! Happy Valentine's Day to you, as well!

I totally agree with a poster above who recommended going to St. John for a beach day when a ship is docked at St. Thomas. I speak from personal experience - my dear grandfather lived in Charlotte Amalie for many years, and I would spend my summers staying with him (little did I realize how lucky I had it!:rolleyes:) Megan's Bay was very touristy, and Coki Beach has never been in a good area. We would catch the ferry over to St. John - it is less touristy and more scenic, since they've managed to keep most of the island reserved as a national park.

Thanks again for the wonderful review - you have a very beautiful family!

Sherri

Thank you for the wonderful review, the beautiful photos, and the Valentine! Happy Valentine's Day to you, as well!

I totally agree with a poster above who recommended going to St. John for a beach day when a ship is docked at St. Thomas. I speak from personal experience - my dear grandfather lived in Charlotte Amalie for many years, and I would spend my summers staying with him (little did I realize how lucky I had it!:rolleyes:) Megan's Bay was very touristy, and Coki Beach has never been in a good area. We would catch the ferry over to St. John - it is less touristy and more scenic, since they've managed to keep most of the island reserved as a national park.

Thanks again for the wonderful review - you have a very beautiful family!

Sherri

Sherri - Thanks, I was wondering what I would do if I go back to St Thomas, now I know. ST JOHN;):)

• 2 months later...
I think all of you who love cruising will enjoy this. This video convinced me it is cheaper to cruise than be in a nursing home during my old age.

http://www.theleadershiphub.com/file...gHomePlan1.pps

that was so funny and so true....my mom just went into a nursing home and its over 325.00 a day...and no fun..........

• 2 months later...

Archived