ohioNCLcruiser

OceanDreaming2

Thanks James. For some reason, I thought that we got a notice on the Sun that said you couldn't put anything on the doors. Someone on the Roll Call wanted all of us to put something on our doors so we could find each other. If we do and it's not allowed, we'll just take them down.

BTW - if you're not on a crew by March 20th, we'd love to have you join us on the Jewel - I have a 21 yr old daughter :p

Thanks James. For some reason, I thought that we got a notice on the Sun that said you couldn't put anything on the doors. Someone on the Roll Call wanted all of us to put something on our doors so we could find each other. If we do and it's not allowed, we'll just take them down.

BTW - if you're not on a crew by March 20th, we'd love to have you join us on the Jewel - I have a 21 yr old daughter :p

I have seen it done several times. I don't think it is against any rules at all.

Thanks James. For some reason, I thought that we got a notice on the Sun that said you couldn't put anything on the doors. :p

On every cruise we hang magnetic note pads and magnetic pen holders on the outside of our doors so that everyone in our group can leave each other messages. And that includes our most recent trip in November on the Sun. Never had a problem or issue with them.

wow this thread has passed 10,000 views..thanks everyone!

Looks like it won't be today. If I don't hear by friday afternoon I will give them a call.

Well for crying out loud, does NCL not understanding they're making thousands of us crazy waiting to hear?!!!:D

Fingers' date=' toes, AND eyes crossed on your behalf! :D

Seriously, you totally made our Sun cruise so much more enjoyable. Everyone in our group appreciated your great attitude and knowledge of NCL. It was wonderful to learn more about how ships function and to have our questions answered. Not to mention, you're totally fun too!

Hope you hear today. Hope it's the Spirit. Too bad it won't be in time for our 2/15 cruise.[/quote']

Thanks Monica! How is the rest of your sun cruise group doing?

I still love how we met at the hotel the night before the cruise trying to figure out how to get in lol.

Jamie: checking in from the frozen and snowy mid-Ohio region to tell you we are really looking forward to seeing the outcome of your waiting time as we would love to sail on a ship with you sometime soon.

While DH & I have enjoyed all of our NCL cruises on 7 different ships, we feel the best crew (from officers to reception desk, chefs to waiters, room stewards and on to security and maintenance employees) has been on the Spirit. And that goes for both times we've sailed Spirit in 07 and 08.

In fact, the Spirit employees are probably our favorite of all ships we've sailed on from NCL to X to RCCL, Carnival and Princess. I like to say that the employees of the Spirit know how to put the true ``spirit'' into a cruise.

Good luck and good wishes,

Dianne

James,

A couple of questions...

When you were hired for NCLA, how long did it take to know you were going to work for them?

Are you now considered a new hire or a rehire?

How long does it normally take NCL to make a decision as in hiring a junior receptionist?

When I was hired with NCL America I knew pretty fast but I was also hired as a crew position as jr waiter. There are over 100 of those per ship vs 4 jr receptionists. My interview for Jr. Receptionist for NCL was a little over one hour. I did have about a month of experience doing it on the America though.

And I think I will be a new hire becasue NCL and NCL America really run as two different companies. Not really sure.

I also know the office was pretty backed up because of the Holiday month.

lol well a call from Klaus himself would be great at this point I will take a call from the NCL parking lot night shift watch guy.

I hope whoever calls doesn't wait till Monday, I'm getting 4 wisdom teeth pulled at once! :eek:

Good luck with your teeth on Monday!

I am glad I got to meet Klaus before he left to do what he does now. He really knows how to make a passenger feel special and a VIP. I hope we can sail with him again in the future.

I hope you hear soon! Good Luck with everything.

Good luck with your teeth on Monday!

I am glad I got to meet Klaus before he left to do what he does now. He really knows how to make a passenger feel special and a VIP. I hope we can sail with him again in the future.

I hope you hear soon! Good Luck with everything.

He sure does! Now that he works in the office I would still expect him to bring out the new ships as Hotel Director.

Thanks Monica! How is the rest of your sun cruise group doing?

I still love how we met at the hotel the night before the cruise trying to figure out how to get in lol.

Everyone is doing great and looking forward to our Spirit cruise, followed by a few days of Mardi Gras. Too bad you won't be there with us, it's gonna be some crazy fun. (for REALLY crazy fun, you should join Tonya when she does her 3-week Colorado River/Grand Canyon rafting trip this spring. And that's not one of those wussy professional trips either, but just a bunch of them bringing their own rafts. This is the 3rd time in the last few years they've been able to snag a private permit.)

Ok just got a update:

They said they have not forgotten about me and are just playing catch up. I will get some feedback and a final answer within the week.

I hate this waiting game!! :(

I hate waiting also...especially when it is completely out of your control. Don't they realize that we are ALL waiting to hear.;)

Ok just got a update:

They said they have not forgotten about me and are just playing catch up. I will get some feedback and a final answer within the week.

I hate this waiting game!! :(

My wife works as a supervisor... and her biggest complaint about the hiring process is lighting a fire under Human Resources to get processes rolling. It just took 3 months to move through a series of interview, even though they already knew who they were going to offer the position to.

Took so long their candidate had already taken another job.

It's tough to say, but patience is golden!

James.. be sure and have your dentist or oral surgeon explain to you what symptoms you will have if you start getting a "dry socket". You need to be mindful of that when you are recovering. A dry socket is literally the most painful thing I have ever experienced in my life as far as physical pain and they wil not simply go away. You will need a simple medical application done by the dentist or oral surgeon if you get one and the pain will be gone within minutes. Not trying to scare you at all.. you know you are my friend.. I'm just trying to help look out for your well being.

Archived