Can you leave POA in Honolulu once you have checked in?

Counselor

Absolutely. You have to be back onboard an hour (?) prior to the ship's departure, but you can come and go before then. I think they hold the muster drill at 4:30 or so, but if you miss it, there is a make up the next day. 'Iolani Palace is well worth it. We found it fascinating.

beachchick

Hi Counselor! Bet I can guess who this is! Only 8 posts? I know you just like to hang around and read all of the news here. But glad to see you on the boards too! Just remember, we won't be around on Sun to do a makeup drill. Otherwise, go for it and have a great time while we get our ship time. See how it all works out? If nothing else, we'll meet you at the plane in Milwaukee, ready to take off! Or will I bother you at the Clarion? Hm-m-m-m! What mischief and mayhem can I think up? Naw! I'll try to be good! Just start praying for good weather, if you haven't already! That's an order! Love, Bigred

:rolleyes: If I may hijack a little bit......Does anyone know if it's okay to leave your luggage with the porter at the pier and leave without checking in? My plan is to keep the cab that brings us from the airport to the pier and have him take us to Pearl Harbor. Then we'll grab another cab to get back to the pier.

Thanks for any replies and you kids have fun. :D Carry on!

JuneauwhatImean: Couldn't you just let the cab go, check in, and then catch another cab to where ever? I think there should be plenty of cabs there to catch just like every other port. Just a thought. Plus if you do this early like noon then you will avoid the crowds that may be checking in later when you return. Good luck! Bigred

Good point, Bigred. But I have a real big personal problem with checking in and not boarding the ship. Just seeing that big beauty at the pier gets me all excited! When I did this cruise, (POA), with my mother two years ago I rented us a limo that took us to Pearl Harbor from the airport then onto the cruise pier. It worked out great, but my hubby and I are much more mobile so I'm hoping to get more sightseeing in before the muster drill. If we could just drop off the luggage it would be better. But your thoughts about avoiding the lines are good considering we land at 11am. Hmmmmmm......maybe play it by ear?

Thanks for your reply! :D

Hey, isn't it strange? I have that very same personal problem! I'm one of those odd ones who LOVE the ship and love being on board and can't wait to get on and even in Hawaii I have to plan ship time. Good luck with your plans. I wish I could help with the luggage question. My first guess would be no but then again, if your cabin tags are on then why wouldn't they take them? The porters don't know if you get on or not, right? The luggage just goes into those big crates in a pile and get delivered later. I'm sure you probably would still beat your luggage to the cabin. The more I think about this, the more it sounds like it would work. Well, good luck again. Bigred

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. The porters don't know whether or not you're checking in and boarding right away so it shouldn't be a problem. We could always see Pearl Harbor after the cruise because our flight doesn't leave until 1pm but the POA is one of the very few ships that allows for a leisurely departure, which I love. It's just a matter of dragging myself away from the ship after dropping the luggage off. :o

Archived