Lodge Alley Inn Charleston

Amanda Holden

We are leaving out of Charleston on NCL Majesty April 11 and have booked a room at the Lodge Alley Inn for the night before we leave. Has anyone stayed here and how close is it to the Port.

Thanks for any information!

This is from Mapquest

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Charleston&1s=SC&1a=195+East+Bay+St.&1z=29401&2c=Charleston&2s=SC&2a=196+Concord+St.&2z=29401#a/maps/l::195+E+Bay+St:Charleston:SC:29401-2126:US:32.779829:-79.927109:address:Charleston+County:1/l::196+Concord+St:Charleston:SC:29401-2642:US:32.781086:-79.925861:address:Charleston+County:1/m:hyb::::0:::::/io:1:::::f:EN:M:/e

Pull out a little on the map and it will show an aerial

We are leaving out of Charleston on NCL Majesty April 11 and have booked a room at the Lodge Alley Inn for the night before we leave. Has anyone stayed here and how close is it to the Port.

Thanks for any information!

We have a timeshare there. Lovely hotel, which you will enjoy. You can walk to the port from there. In fact, if you enjoy walking, you can walk to the battery from there. That's what we do. And as you leave the hotel and turn left, you are about two blocks from the old marketplace. It's an ideal location.

Now for the port: You are close enough to walk to the port, but then you have your car to worry about. I don't remember how much Lodge Alley Inn charges for parking, but it is close to what the port charges (unless things have changed from last year). But you can get there in a matter of minutes. Your car is inside a huge warehouse if you park at the port; if you leave your car with the Inn (assuming they allow it), I believe it is parked outside. I don't know for sure since they have valet parking.

Enjoy your cruise.

no parking. Parking in downtown Charleston is difficult and expensive. But, you did not say anything about a car, so if you want to know your best options regarding that, just let me know...you actually have plenty of them right near the hotel. And yes, you are just 2 blocks west of the port, so if you plan on walking the location is perfect!

Thank you everyone for all this wonderful information. We are driving down because we only live about 5 hours away. But I haven't been to Charleston to stay in about 15 years, so I know ALOT has changed since then and we now have a 2 year old traveling with us so I want to be prepared for EVERYTHING!!

Amanda...

It will be easier for you to just leave your car in a parking garage (you have four of them surrounding your hotel (though the one located and 1 Cumberland Street on the corner of Cumberland and Concord Streets) is most definitely the best location for your needs as it is one block from your hotel and almost directly in front of the port. Not sure what they would charge, but I have seen the long lines of cars on cruise days and the process is not really very efficient. If your toddler is good with chilling in the car then you can get in the line and wait or you can easily park in the garage and walk. Hope that helps! :)

Archived