Any advice on airlines??

atv girl

We are on Rccl land portion 1st, starting June 7-09 we get off the ship on June 19.

we live in Orlando Fl, and need to get to Anchorage

we depart Vancoover and come back to Orlando. there really does`nt seem to be an easy way to get from here to there. so any help or hint would be appreciated

we live in Orlando Fl, and need to get to Anchorage we depart Vancoover and come back to Orlando. there really does`nt seem to be an easy way to get from here to there. so any help or hint would be appreciated

It looks like Alaska Airlines flies nonstop from Orlando (or Miami) to Seattle (just did it from Miami a couple of months ago). From Seattle you could easily fly to Anchorage on (you guessed it!) Alaska Airlines.

On the return trip you could fly from Vancouver to Seattle on Horizon Air (Alaska's commuter affiliate) or take a QuickShuttle bus directly from the Vancouver cruise dock to SEATAC airport. Fly back to Orlando (or Miami) on Alaska.

Oh, did I mention that I am a big fan of Alaska Airlines? :-)

Thank you I have`nt thought of a shuttle,I`ll need to check on that. Your suggestions are about what I was thinking with alaska air but then you book it without asking and everyone tells you why you should`nt have.so thank you

Try this link:

http://www.quickcoach.com/

Be sure to look at their SUMMER schedule, which includes the cruise terminals. And/or you MIGHT be able to book a Vancouver to SEATAC transfer via your cruise line.

Some people don't like Alaska Airlines. I've flown on them 50 - 60 times, and for me they are the airline by which all others are judged.

I have been watching flights since last Feb. Still have not booked. Waiting for family to decide so we can all fly out of Atlanta. Delta has always had a nontop flight to Vancouver, and then one stop from Anchorage back to Atlanta a week later. It was going to be between 700 and 800. It started high, dropped a little, now its going back up. Delta no longer has the nonstop flight, and I sent them a letter, and I got a "nice" form letter back about how schedules "are always changing". The only good thing is if we had booked already, Delta would have made changes for us, and from folks have said, the changes THEY make are never good. Keep looking, daily, twice daily....use some of the broker sites, like priceline and kayak to keep an idea of where things are going, and then check directly with each airline. I have no idea who we will end up with. Alaska air seems more expensive than Delta, even with the lack of the nonstop flight we had hoped for, but they don't have the best reputation for schedules and on time flights. Only time will tell, but you, like I, we will get there, and we will have a wonderful time!!

I have been watching flights since last Feb. Still have not booked. Waiting for family to decide so we can all fly out of Atlanta. Delta has always had a nontop flight to Vancouver, and then one stop from Anchorage back to Atlanta a week later. It was going to be between 700 and 800. It started high, dropped a little, now its going back up. Delta no longer has the nonstop flight, and I sent them a letter, and I got a "nice" form letter back about how schedules "are always changing". The only good thing is if we had booked already, Delta would have made changes for us, and from folks have said, the changes THEY make are never good. Keep looking, daily, twice daily....use some of the broker sites, like priceline and kayak to keep an idea of where things are going, and then check directly with each airline. I have no idea who we will end up with. Alaska air seems more expensive than Delta, even with the lack of the nonstop flight we had hoped for, but they don't have the best reputation for schedules and on time flights. Only time will tell, but you, like I, we will get there, and we will have a wonderful time!!

I have been watching as far as the price I`m already ahead RCCL is1099 per person so anything under that and I get to pick I`ll be happy. My biggest thing is I need to know when I`m leaving I`m a hairdresser and with being gone for 2 weeks I`m going to be so busy that Saturday before, I can`t have them tell me 30 days out you need to leave on sat.I know I can`t control flight changes so hopefully they`ll be with in a few hrs and we won`t loose alot of time.I know I should leave a day early but I really can`t.

Archived