Hotel in New Orleans: Here's what we need...

BonnieVA

I doubt we'll find this but this is what we're looking for pre-cruise in April...

-We have 2 adults & 4 kids (up to 16 yrs old) in our party & would like to stay in a suite where we can all be together; not a must but preferable.

-Want something pretty reasonable; we are used to Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn type places (nothing too swanky). Is there anything for $150 or less?!

-Hoping for breakfast included.

-We'd like to see some of NO before the cruise so we'd like to stay in/near NO but we'd be ok to stay an hour or so away (we'll be coming from the Mobile direction).

-Safety is a must, of course.

Do you know of anything that meets these criteria?

Thanks in advance.

I doubt we'll find this but this is what we're looking for pre-cruise in April...

-We have 2 adults & 4 kids (up to 16 yrs old) in our party & would like to stay in a suite where we can all be together; not a must but preferable.

-Want something pretty reasonable; we are used to Comfort Suites, Hampton Inn type places (nothing too swanky). Is there anything for $150 or less?!

-Hoping for breakfast included.

-We'd like to see some of NO before the cruise so we'd like to stay in/near NO but we'd be ok to stay an hour or so away (we'll be coming from the Mobile direction).

-Safety is a must, of course.

Do you know of anything that meets these criteria?

Thanks in advance.

the Embassy Suites should be able to get everyone in the same room, 2 beds and a pullout sofa - they have a GREAT breakfast too!!! Its also in the DT area near French Quarter.

Check out the Drury Inn. They are an all suites hotel with different configurations (# of beds/rooms) About 8 blocks straight north of the port. Have a great cruise. Embassy Suites is closer, but more expensive. If you're checked in early enough Drury is supposed to have complimentary cocktails available and includes a hot breakfast for all guests. Also gets great reviews on Tripadvisor.

Go to Hotels.com or another site and choose Ernest Morial Convention Center. It is right in front of the Erato Terminal and Contected to the Riverwalk, etc. See what there is to offer. Pre Katrina I have stayed at several hotels around the Converntion Center Area and all were good, some had suites, and majority were under $150.00. Most of the Standard ones, Hampton, Holiday Express, Comfort, etc., all had farely decent breakfast, but hell, you are in New Orleans, have go to Cafe Du Monde, (French Quarter or RiverWalk), for breakfast.

Another note, when in April? The hotels are cheaper before Good Friday, (During Lent), and the Weekend after Easter. However, the last weekend in April is the first Weekend of Jazz Fest, so the prices go up again.

I guess I should have posted this already but I researched some more on CC & did book the Drury Inn last week. After I booked I discovered it's rated very highly on tripadvisor.

What a deal! We'll have a 2 bedroom (or whatever) suite, breakfast buffet, happy hour w/ snacks the evening we check in, AND free parking for the whole week! $140+ tax!!!

I'm so psyched.

Stayed at Drury Inn on December 20th before the Spirit Christmas cruise - it was just a great hotel - location, self park on site with in and out, nice public areas, key card access to elevators, roof top pool, real free cocktails/beer/wine at happy hour, soda machine, cooked breakfast, free long distance . . . . you won't be sorry! They have a cruise parking deal but we passed on it so that we could have our van at the cruiseport to get on/off the ship quickly. Have a great trip - only problem with our cruise was that it ended!!

I read somewhere that suggested one could drop off luggage at the port then drive back to Drury Inn to leave the car then walk back to the port (about 8 blocks). Just a thought.

We plan on looking into that ... asking about it at the front desk when we check in. I had read about that idea too & it makes a lot of sense as long as they let you back into the parking lot after dropping your luggage off at the port!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to let you know, as someone told me ....there is a promo code #307865, call the Drury back and give them this code and they will give you the room for $99.00 plus tx. I had already booked when I found this out and called them. They reduced my rate and sent me an e-mail confirmation.

Sharon

Just wanted to let you know, as someone told me ....there is a promo code #307865, call the Drury back and give them this code and they will give you the room for $99.00 plus tx. I had already booked when I found this out and called them. They reduced my rate and sent me an e-mail confirmation.

Sharon

WOW!! But does that rate get you the free parking for the length of the cruise too?

Sharon

Absolutely! The parking is secured (fenced and gated). And it's a great hotel, with great evening snacks and the breakfast is pretty good, too.

Darn! I just called Drury. They said that promo code # is the NOLA Cruise package w/ free parking. But we are in a suite, which is $139.99. She siad the $99 is for a standard room. We need a ste w/ 6 of us.

Darn! I just called Drury. They said that promo code # is the NOLA Cruise package w/ free parking. But we are in a suite, which is $139.99. She siad the $99 is for a standard room. We need a ste w/ 6 of us.

But it's still free parking isnt' it? And it's cheaper than having to get two rooms.

Archived