Pear soup recipe?

Here you go. This is what is the raisin and cranberry AUSTRIAN STRIEZEL that igot2cruz calls what you want.

AUSTRIAN STRIEZEL

2 (¼ -ounce or 7 g) packages dry yeast

1 tablespoon (15 g) sugar 2 tablespoons (30 ml) rum

1 cup (250 ml) water, lukewarm

2 pounds (900 g) all-purpose flour

¼ teaspoon (1.2 g) salt

½ cup (120 ml) milk

4 eggs

½ cup (120 g) butter, room temperature

1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract

Zest of ½ lemon

½ cup (120 g) raisins

½ cup (120 g) dried cranberries

1 egg yolk, beaten

Garnish - slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 400F or 200C.

1.To prepare dough, combine yeast, sugar and ½ cup (120 ml) water in a bowl and whisk until yeast has dissolved. In a stand mixer or a large bowl, combine all ingredients except raisins and cranberries and mix for 2 minutes at low speed, then for 8 minutes at high speed using a dough hook. The dough should be soft and elastic.

2.If kneading by hand, add flour a cup (250 g) at a time and knead for 10 minutes. Add raisins and cranberries to dough and mix well. Shape dough into a ball.

3.Cover and set aside in a warm, draft-free place for 20 minutes.

4.Punch down dough and divide into 1 pound (450 g) loaves. Cover and allow to relax for 20 minutes.

5.Cut dough into 3 equal pieces and hand roll each dough into 12-inch by 4-inch strip (30 x 10 cm).

6.Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with nonstick spray. Transfer rolls to the baking sheet and braid,tucking the ends under.Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.

7.Brush braids with egg yolk and let rise for another 10 minutes. Brush a second time and sprinkle with slivered almonds.

8.Bake for 20 minutes, until nicely golden or until loaves sound hollow when their undersides are thumped.

Serves 6.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. My friend has been looking for this recipe AND we are hoping they will be serving it on the Mariner this April.

This thread brings back memories of our first cruise. One night at dinner someone had fresh fruit. The following night my husband thought he was getting the same by ordering the "chilled pear". The look on his face when it came out the consistancy of baby food in a bowl with a spoon was priceless. We still laugh about the "chilled pear".

dmbfiredancer03[/b];17602659]Maybe we can sweet talk the chef on a future cruise to share the secret. :p

I am not going again until next Nov/Dec. But if any CC's out there are reading this and want to try getting the recipe for the

Sugar Free Coconut Cake on their upcoming cruises from their waiter, we will be forever grateful to you. :D :D :D :D

This thread brings back memories of our first cruise. One night at dinner someone had fresh fruit. The following night my husband thought he was getting the same by ordering the "chilled pear". The look on his face when it came out the consistancy of baby food in a bowl with a spoon was priceless. We still laugh about the "chilled pear".

It looks like baby food to me too. :rolleyes: :D

Sis,

Now you made me hungry, but I'm too lazy to do kitchen duty right now. :o

Hope your Holidays were great! And, no more deer in your back yard. :eek:

Every now and then I drag all these out and we discover what the best of the dining room really is. :D Now if we could find the Savory Bites. :D That is my downfall at dinner.

Hope your Holidays were great! And, no more deer in your back yard. :eek:

Every now and then I drag all these out and we discover what the best of the dining room really is. :D Now if we could find the Savory Bites. :D That is my downfall at dinner.

I was afraid he was in the deep end and he'd stay submerged until we take the cover off, but it looks like he got out. Hope he didn't slash the liner on his way. :(

Oh I agree about the Savory Bites!! :p Yum.

I am not going again until next Nov/Dec. But if any CC's out there are reading this and want to try getting the recipe for the

Sugar Free Coconut Cake on their upcoming cruises from their waiter, we will be forever grateful to you. :D :D :D :D

I am going on the Enchantment in July - I will see what I can do!! ;)

Archived