Darkwood or Dickenson

lp312

Looking for a beach that offers some nice options such as chair rentals, beach bar and bathrooms but also a nice beautiful enviroment and not too far from the port. These are the two that I've narrowed it down to. Any comments, suggestions and comments would be greatly appreciated!

I like these 2 stops to for when I'm there on 1/19.

I've read Darkwood is very easy to get to by bus...is Dickenson as easy to get to?

And what's the best beach to grab some local food on? Not a restaurant...but like beach shack's with some good local food.

Love Love Love Darkwood. Great beach, great water, terrific sea shells, facilities, local food, bar. It's my all time favorite. We've been there twice. Once, in July, the water was smooth as silk...great snorkling (so says my DH). The last time, last week, the water was rougher, couldn't snorkle, but not too rough to go in (says me, who is a big baby). It is family owned and operated.

For groups, taxi fare is $8/pp each way. For couples, they try to charge you $16pp/each way. We wait to hook up with others before going. Most taxi drivers will combine you, and they will combine you with people going to Jolly beach, right up the road.

Have fun!

Archived