Ziplining status?

Dannie138

We wanted to do the ziplining/cavetubing excursion...and I've tried to email Major Tom to find out the status. I am not getting a response. Anyone know?

I am a little upset by the fact I am getting no response. I'm not going to send a payment if I'm not getting any answers!

We wanted to do the ziplining/cavetubing excursion...and I've tried to email Major Tom to find out the status. I am not getting a response. Anyone know?

I am a little upset by the fact I am getting no response. I'm not going to send a payment if I'm not getting any answers!

I emailed him on Sunday and got an email back Monday saying that the issue is in court this week and they hope to have it running again soon. The tour operators are apparently pushing for them to get things settled and open the zip lines! Hope this helps!

I have been corresponding quite a bit with Major Tom over the past couple of weeks. I usually get a response from him the evening that I send the mail. As far as the litigation, he told me that the judge was supposed to make a ruling this past Tuesday, January 6. This did not happen. Major Tom told me to check back with him on January 16th, but that's getting a little too close to when our excursion is. We are scheduled in Belize on January 20th.

Major Tom suggested the following; Cave Tubing, followed by a 620 foot zipline at "Old Belize" back down on the highway "OLD BELIZE CULTURAL AND HISTORICAL CENTER" (websearch will give you zipline details) among other attractions. This would be an excellent combo tour, I believe.

I'm really suprised he hasn't replied to you. He's been very responsive to me.

This is the message I revieved from Major Tom when I asked about an alternative

-------Original Message-------

Date: 1/3/2009 7:57:05 PM

Subject: Re: Zip Lining?

Hello Shaney,

The alternative is a poor one, we admit - a 620 single zipline ($20) at a site just outside Belize City on the way BACK from cave tubing - costs $20. The original zipline MAY open this week, as it is in court at that time, under public pressure to open it.

Regards, MT

Archived