looking for some good restaurants in nola

cruisingforsix

Are any of these good for kids? Trying to find a place with great food, but also something that will suit there tastes. My daughter 8, will try anything, but her 10 year old brother is a cheeseburger, noodles & butter kind of kid. Wife and I would love to eat somewhere nice. Do any restaurants have entertainment to keep them from slipping under the table if the meal goes a little long?

Someone on this thread mentioned Mulate's...there is always a Cajun band playing and many locals dancing. The food is good, albeit a bit pricey considering it's standard seafood/grill/pasta. But the kids would probably be very entertained by the music and dancing.

You can google it and go to their website to view the menu.

OMG - someone actually slammed The Gumbo Shop. :eek: I have to pitch in and say that we go to NOLA every year and have been going for 10 years now. Gumbo Shop is our favorite - we eat there once if not twice. Don't be fooled - you don't have to have gumbo. Jambalaya, crawfish etouffee, shrimp remoulade. Great authentic Creole cuisine and reasonable prices. (Sorry - had to counteract the slam - doesn't make their opinion "wrong" or mine "right" but we've sent many people there and we discovered it from a local and I've NEVER seen anyone say anything negative.) It's in The Quarter on St Peter, a few blocks toward the river from Pat O's. Other great Quarter landmarks are Brennans for brunch, Court of Two Sisters for brunch and Desire for po boys, oysters, etc.

Gumbo shop is great. ;)

Was glad to see someone mention Bubba Gumps. I love this place, especially for the price and the love of people watching. I can't remember what it's called but I get the crawfish with corn on the cob and potatoes that is served in a wicker bucket. OMGosh good

As everyone has said NOLA's is great. Court of Two Sisters is absolutly the best for the Sunday brunch. Hope you're hungry when you go there.

For nite life,,, just walk Bourbon Street can't go wrong there.

Archived