Report - Hacienda Hotel (LAX area) by CJW

Here is an option for a hotel near LAX pre or post cruise.

Why could this be good for you?

If you have a reason to stay in a hotel pre or post cruise where a free shuttle to or from LAX is important.

If you are staying enough time (not just late night to sleep in and get to LAX) to use their free shuttles to and from some of the decent shopping/restaurant areas nearby.

If you are on a real low budget for the area!

Read through my info below!

Two sections of this hotel are fantastic for an LAX hotel on a budget.

One it NOT!

Without a car, there is not a lot around, but they will shuttle you to Plaza El Segundo or Manhattan Village during the day for lunch/strolling if you want.

They are great shopping mall/restaurant areas, but then you are dependent on their shuttle schedule for that.

Hacienda Hotel

At Los Angeles Intl Airport,

525 N Sepulveda Boulevard

El Segundo, CA 90245, United States

310-615-0015 www.haciendahotel.com

This hotel is a not well known...

It is going for about $75 on kayak dot com, and booking buddy dot com.

The only thing is don't stay in The West Wing! It's the oldest part. I think any bad reviews must have stayed in that section, and I could see why people are disappointed.

Unlike them, you do research and listen to people like me who actually stay in places like this and know all the good aspects.

But another for the value, good hotel.

South Tower Rooms!

If you want a nice room and view for the super low budget for the area...

Request a South Tower Room facing the pool area...

2405594140079337728QWtWcl_th.jpg

The cruise ship-like doors actually open for air, and look down upon the pool/courtyard.

If you don't make this awareness/request, then you can get a room just like this, but facing the other (next mentioned) tower with a driveway below.

Again, this is a place where if you pay attention to what I'm telling you, and you request (because I'm giving you all of the actual real knowledge of the hotel) what you want - they'll give it to you!

If you haven't checked this thread, or my info in general, then "buyer beware" I make no guarantees!

;)

Courtyard Rooms!

2445868980079337728kBipme_th.jpg

For my personal choice and option for this hotel, I really like these rooms...

Facing the inner courtyard, nice sized balcony...

You can again (if you don't know, and don't listen to me) get a "balcony" room that faces the previously mentioned area with the driveway below.

This will look at the South Tower rooms, that didn't request the pool view...

Make sense?

You want to get (even if you Priceline, you can change and upgrade after your booking - it's worth it)...

Depending on your personal preference based on my pictures here...

South Tower facing the pool...

or

Courtyard/Balcony, facing the inner courtyard...

If you can remember all of this, and get this with your booking - this is one of the best secret deals in LAX area.

If you are personally a "high maintenance" kind of person, and need newest, biggest, best, then please don't even bother here.

Getting to the great shopping/restaurant areas from this hotel shuttle (but only works if you are here during the main part of the day - not good for very late night or early morning)...

So here's the one option that the Hacienda will free shuttle you to and from if you have time there...

Manhattan Village Shopping Center (in Manhattan Beach California)...

http://www.shopmanhattanvillage.com/

The other one that is actually closer, that is really brand new there is

Plaza El Segundo

2507995700079337728OceHAd_th.jpg

http://www.plazaelsegundo.com/

Both good for restaurants or shopping, as long as you are there at this hotel in the shuttle parameters for them...

(generally late morning to evening)...

• 4 months later...

Everything Curt said about this hotel was right on the money. We asked for and got the South wing. It was clean, it had a great bed and good pillows (very important for my bad neck). While it wasn't the newest hotel, it was mainained very well.The food in the coffee shops was excellent-we had dinner --yummy fajitas and a good breakfast the next morning. The fancier restaurant wasn't open since it was Sunday night.

The next morning we took the shutte to the airport. It was a little longer than the 15 minutes promised as we just missed one. The ride to the airport was about 10 minutes. We would gladly stay there again and would consider this chain elsewhere. Thanks gain Curt for the lead.

We enjoyed it!

Archived