Fascination Review with lots of pics 12/27/08-1/1/09

jump4jai

Dessert!

Lemon Mousse

CIMG0637.jpg

Belle Helene

CIMG0638.jpg

After lunch we went to lay out but most of the chairs were occupied...by towels, not people. We wanted to sit by the pool but no chairs so we went up 2 decks where we found chairs. We layed out for awhile but it was too windy for me. I left my sister there and went on the kitchen galley tour at 4pm. They really just walk you through the kitchen in a line because there were about 200 people wanting to tour it. We did learn that all the uneaten food gets put into a processor and then released in the back of the ship to be used for fish food. I felt better about not eating some of the stuff I did not like.

CIMG0641.jpg

CIMG0642.jpg

CIMG0643.jpg

CIMG0644.jpg

My sister and I met up in the room around 6pm and dressed up for dinner since it was New Year's Eve. Our waiters were happy to see us and said they missed us last night. We were happy to see them and they said that they would party with us later that night since most of the staff had the night off for the holiday. We never did meet up with them and at dinner that was the last time we saw them. So sad!

CIMG0661.jpg

CIMG0662.jpg

Spinach, Arugula, Watermelon, and Berries

CIMG0664.jpg

Creme Flan with Fresh Berries

CIMG0665.jpg

Spinach Fettucine with Chicken Tetrazzinni - ok

CIMG0666.jpg

Dessert!

Feuillete with Carmelized Apples and Vanilla Creme - yummy

CIMG0667.jpg

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake - yummy

CIMG0668.jpg

After dinner was the 80's show in the Palace Theater. It was one of the better shows but it was still cheesy. My sister and I went up to the Lido deck for the New Year's Eve party but it was very windy and cold and our dresses were blowing up. We decided to go back to our room to change into warmer clothes. This was the only night we needed to wear jeans and sweatshirts at night because it was so cold and chilly. Only when we started drinking and dancing did we warm up enough to stop shivering.

I hope this shows up as this is my first picture upload. Great review BTW.

We were on this same cruise. This shot was taken as we backed into the slip. As you can see, the yacht is docked sideways and blocked in by the Carnival ships.

attachment.php?attachmentid=101639&stc=1&d=1231785253

This is not a yacht, it is a Navy vessel. Been sitting in the same place since my 1st trip there in 2002. They may move it but don't know when.

Thanks for your great review and pictures. We leave next Monday on this same trip.

Happy sails to you.

Mary Lou

We'll be on the same cruise!! Just look for the tall bald guy with the small, short girl with dark features. We stick out like a sore thumb. This is our first cruise, and I can't wait!!!

Great review jump. We leave on 2/7, but we are going to HMC and Nassau. Hopefully we can have some of the good weather you had. We come back to Jacksonville on Thursday the 12th, and the shuttle is supposed to launch that morning. Hopefully we will be able to see it when it goes off.

We'll be on the same cruise!! Just look for the tall bald guy with the small, short girl with dark features. We stick out like a sore thumb. This is our first cruise, and I can't wait!!!

We'll keep an eye out for you. You're gonna love cruising!

ML

How did you find out about the galley tour? Was it in the Capers? That would be really interesting.

And thank you for your wonderful review and pictures.

Most CCL ships offer a general galley tour. It will be listed in the Capers. DW and I did the tour on Glory last year and enjoyed. Took about 1 1/2 hours.

Hey Jump, very very nice review girlfriend!!! You are doing and awesome job, I must tell you I have some of the same pics of the Atlantis, and when we were there they were selling the excursion there for $50.00pp. But my girlfriend and I just walked straight through the hotel down by the rooms and out the side door. We walked through the aquarium and out to the beach, we use their chairs and towels and enjoyed 4hrs of sun and fun with no problem mom. My girlfriend said I was crazy, because I said girl just walk like you belong and we'll be fine. :D And we were, after the beach we walked around the whole resort which was really crowded and no one ask us for anything. Guess we just got lucky... I like to think that it was a blessing though. Just though I would share that. Good job on your review!!

starlight0229 - the baked apple is one apple that has yellow skin and it is served cold with no sauce or flavoring that I know of.

c u there hershdog - the galley tour was listed in the capers on the last sea day at 4pm. It might be different for all cruises. One of the maitre d's talks for about 5 minutes in the main dining area and then you just walk through the kitchen in a line which took about 10 minutes.

mouche - you were very lucky because even though they said the Atlantis resort was sold out I didn't see many people walking around or on the beach and we would have stuck out like a sore thumb with our Carnival dark blue towels while everyone else had the light blue and white striped ones.

There were two main New Year's Eve Parties on the ship. One was in the Diamonds Club which was 18 and up and the other was on the Lido deck. It was windy and cold so we went to the room to change and then went back on the Lido deck. They handed out complimentary champagne but a guy we just met bought a bucket of the good stuff and kept refilling our glasses. We were dancing and having fun. They really didn't do a countdown like on tv. They just cheered when it became the year 2009. Remember we are on a ship and have no sense of the real time down to the last second so it was more like an estimation. We danced and danced until the party started to die down around 1:00am. I guess since we had to get off the ship the next day most people just decided to go to sleep. We walked around a little bit and alot of teens were still up and wandering the ship. My sister met a nice (drunk) boy. At around 4am we decided to call it a night and go to sleep. This night the ship was the rockiest...We didn't know if it was the choppy waters or all the alcohol we drank!

Ice Sculpture by the pool

CIMG0669.jpg

Last Pic of 2008

CIMG0674.jpg

First Pic of 2009

CIMG0676.jpg

CIMG0680.jpg

CIMG0681.jpg

CIMG0683.jpg

Archived