What to do in Cozumel in rain!?

Judi

We are taking the Carnival Legend out of Tampa this Sunday and weather.com has 30% rain in Grand Cayman and 60% for Cozumel and Belize, possible thunderstorms! Has anyone experienced these ports in bad weather and do you have any ideas for us about what to do?? Thanks in advance.

I can't really answer your question, except to say that I saw a very similar weather forecast for a couple of those same ports on our cruise last year. And none of it happened... at least while we were there. As I understand it, there will almost always be forecasts for some rain in the Caribbean, but if it does, it never lasts that long. Maybe others with more experience will chime in, though...

We took a thanksgiving cruise 2 years ago one of 14 cruises so far....and it rained the whole week. I really know how to pick em. The crew said they had not seen bad weather like that in the caribbean before. We hung out on the ship and got off in Jamaica and went out for lunch and just hopped on a local bus and did a mini tour. Then we were supposed to go to Grand Cayman and they couldn't put in as the wave heights were too high. Radiance of the Seas is a beautiful boat at least! No complaints about the cruise at all. Maybe just complained at Mother Nature a wee bit!

We are going on Inspiration on Monday to Cozumel and Grand Cayman. The weather is probably my fault, sorry :-P You should have asked me when I booked so you could have stayed away from that week LOL Hopefully the weather will be fine. I dont mind a shower or 2. We are going to Nachi either way on Wednesday. I will be the one sitting in the swim up bar and drinking under the palapa in the rain (whatever they call the hut)...I will be wet anyway :-)

We were in Coz in January about 5 years ago. We booked a glass bottomed boat ride with snorkeling and then they dropped us off at the El Presidente hotel for the rest of the day.

It started raining very hard during most of the snorkeling. The rain was warm and we didn't even care that we were being rained on. The rain made really funny noises when you are listening to it underwater. There wasn't any lightening.

By the time we were being dropped off at the hotel, it had changed to a beautiful day.

We were in Cozumel two years ago and it rained. It wasn't a hard rain but it was light and steady. Being a lover of the rain the only thing I was wishing that I had taken with me was a lightweight rain poncho. We found a place to buy them but paid about $6 a piece for something that would cost you 99 cents at home. Live and learn. We still enjoyed the day, walked around shopping, stopped at a nice little resturaunt and had a great lunch. I didn't see much of Cozumel that day but had a great time. We're going back in Sept and I'll have the ponchos this time.:rolleyes:

Okay, Kjudge...I'll be in Cozumel on Wednesday...let's see if we can break your cycle of bad weather! (Navigator 1/12/09)! Mary

Well I am kind of on with the streak as our weather although warmish 77 it was extremely cloudy, cool and breezy all day on Thursday Jan 15th. Thought it was going to rain all day...but it didn't. Sun never came out :-( We still had fun though. Went to Nachi Cocum and sat in the "luke warm" not so hot tub and drank lots of mediocre drinks! Didn't know it but you can only order certain beers Corona worked ( Sol Beer, which we discovered in grand cayman and grew very fond of )not included in package price, .The food was ok. People were nice, beach was decent...probably would not go again or recommend it... although the price was pretty inexpensive. We do have a good time where ever we go!

When we went last may, on a CCL ship it rained earlier during the day.

Luckily we had massages booked in Playa uvas for my boyfriend and I.Best thinng to do in a rainy day!!!!

Then we had a snack a drink and then when back to town did some shopping, we both speak fluent spanish so it was very easy touring the town on our own . We actually ventured out of the tourist area walking. Then had some ice cream and called it a day.Great time!

I've been to Cozumel twice and twice the weather has been crappy. It didn't rain but it was overcast with dark storm clouds looming. It drizzled a bit but then went away. The only thing to do in Cozumel when the weather is bad is to walk around downtown and eye the souvenier shops. I am really hoping I'd get to see a sunny and warm Cozumel someday.

Try not to pay attention to the forecast - it can change all the time! When I was in Cozumel last, it called for rain and it definitely did rain - quite hard actually - but only for literally about 15 minutes.

With that said, if it does rain, I LOVE the shopping in Cozumel, that was the port that I got most of my goodies in, so you could always do that ;)

We are going to Nachi either way on Wednesday. I will be the one sitting in the swim up bar and drinking under the palapa in the rain (whatever they call the hut)...I will be wet anyway :-)

Not if it there is a thunderstorm in the area- they clear the pool to keep from killing their clients.

That being said, it often rains in the tropics. But the rains are often short and hard, and then they go away. And usually they are not cold which makes it nice- cools you off.

Archived