THE thing to do!?

BeachBum1007

I here really good things about Eli's tour but i Still havnt done it! Failing that we have done sting ray city a few times and it realy is good, but you want to do it when its not too busy, my other choice would be helicopter ride to montserrette its expensive but one of the best experiences of my life i have done it twice its so good.

I'm very fond of Antigua; it has some very nice beaches. But - IMHO Nelson's Dockyard at English Harbor is what distinguishes Antigua from the other beach laden islands of the Antilles chain. I think it is the only UNESCO World Heritage site in the Antilles.

If you absolutely LOATH anything historical then - OK - not for you. But if you've any interest at all in the history of naval power and ships at sea it is a neat visit. Plus the historic Admiral's Inn or Copper and Lumber Store hotels on site are nice places to just chill out breifly. From there, adjacent Shirley Heights lookout is a great visit http://www.shirleyheightslookout.com

Doing the foregoing then hitting one of Anitgua's better beaches on your return to St. Johns (either Half Moon Bay to the east or Curtain Bluff, Turners, or Darkwood to the west) for an hour or two makes a very complete day.

THE thing to do is one of Eli's tours - either the EcoTour, or Xtreme Circumnav. They are our all time favorite excursions, and we've done a lot of stuff on a lot of different islands. www.adventureantigua.com

We are doing the Eco Tour!!! I cannot wait. I hope it as good as all the hype on these boards. I have a feeling it will be even better than eveyone says it is!

Archived