Do I qualify as a previous cruiser?

exxraytech

We are booked on the Triumph out of NYC for the Canada/New England in September/09. Have cruised with RCCL and Princess and Holland America in the past. We have a guaranteed Ocean View. My TA did not ask about prior cruises. Would it be worth it for me to contact Carnival and see if we might be eligible for a complimentary upgrade?

Sure wouldn't count on that one. Even if it were your 4th cruise ON CARNIVAL!

Anyhow...no, you don't get credit for cruising on different cruise lines....even if....some of those cruise lines are all owned by the same parent company.

We are booked on the Triumph out of NYC for the Canada/New England in September/09. Have cruised with RCCL and Princess and Holland America in the past. We have a guaranteed Ocean View. My TA did not ask about prior cruises. Would it be worth it for me to contact Carnival and see if we might be eligible for a complimentary upgrade?
Since you have cruised with HAL, which is part of the Carnival Corporation, you may qualify for an upgrade or past guest discount as far as booking the cruise goes. I know I've gotten several e-mails stating as such. Once on the ship, however, you will not be considered a past guest of Carnival (no invite to the past guest party, for example). If you booked your cruise through a TA, you will need to contact them, not Carnival.

Heres a site for the lines under Carnival...

http://www.worldsleadingcruiselines.com/

Sure wouldn't count on that one. Even if it were your 4th cruise ON CARNIVAL!

Anyhow...no, you don't get credit for cruising on different cruise lines....even if....some of those cruise lines are all owned by the same parent company.

wrong, bad information.

exxraytech - Since you cruised with HAL and Princess you may be eligible for Past Guest Rates, IF past guest rate is being offered on your specific cruise (past guest rates are only offered on specific cruises at specific times and may come and go).

In a conversation with a Carnival manager (not a PVP) on this subject just today, I was told that the World's Leading Cruiselines so-called Vacation Interchange Program (whereby past guests on one member cruise line are entitled to past guest rates on other member cruise lines) had been tabled in December and "stricken" from the Carnival web site and from newly published brochures - which looks to be true. But, the rep indicated that Carnival was honoring this in some cases.

Suggest you gather-up Past Guest numbers and proof-of-sailing for the Princess and HAL cruises, call Carnival (or your TA) to determine if there's a current Past Guest rate for your cruise (you can check this yourself on some of the on-line sites), and see if they'll change your booking. You may have to keep checking for a Past Guest rate 'til it happens.

I'm currently trying to get Princess to give me Past Guest rates based on my Carnival Past Guest Status and Past Guest number, so far with no luck.

Ken

Archived