Rear End

murdo7

Joining Arcadia in Sydney and have discovered that the balcony stateroom we booked has been altered - We are on D deck and according to a picture i saw today it now has an overhang that covers the entire balcony!!! It looks like the only part of the ship that does not get any sun.

Anybody here got any further info on this, or any advice.

Paid a lot for the "Sun Balcony" looks like a window would have been just as useful and half the price.

Hullo, yes I'm afraid you are correct. We have had D180 and, D183 and D185, for the reasons you describe, large sunny balconies. The balconies on D deck aft are the huge (the ones on A, B and C and E are half the size) BUT all the balconies (E deck ones are not completely covered) now have roofs on them, ie the deck of the cabins above them as the rear of the ship is now almost flat. For that reason we would not have one again, we would rather have a side stateroom, if we go on Arcadia again. All this change was to fit in an extra 30 cabins at the aft of the ship, so more money for P&O, it was all done during the recent refit. There is a blog on the P&O website showing you the aft being rebuilt.

Thanks for that info.

Guess there is not much i can do about it now.

Just hope that the ship is heading east at sunset - might get a few rays then. Mmmm but, i think i mostly goes west so even more shade.:(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived