Need info on Constellation

Jen&Rich06

Just booked a 10 night ultimate caribbean cruise on the constellation. Never been on board and Celebritys virtual tour of it is currently not working. Any comments/past experiences/info would be great to hear! Also wanted to know opionions on the Ocean Liner rest...what kind of menu? Is it compariable to Pinnacle on HAL??

Also, how many formal nights on a 10 night? 2?

Anyone have any information about things to do beaches to see while in Barbados, St.Kitts or St.Lucia?

Thanks for any and all info you can give me :)

Happy sailing :)

We will also be doing our first Celebrity cruise on Constellation. We will be on the 11 night cruise leaving April 6 and are very much looking forward to it.

We definetly plan on having dinner at Ocean Liner's as the reviews seem to be almost unanimous in their praise.

Those darn virtual tours on the web site have been acting funky for months! Wish they would get them working right. :mad:

We just returned on 12/22. My detailed review is posted. We thought it was outstanding. The ship and staff were superb. Dining was great, and the food and service in Ocen Liners was beyound our expectations, which were pretty high! We went 5 nights on our 10 night cruise!! After the second night they asked us what we liked and if they had the ingredients they made it for us. Can't compliment them enough. We had steak and seafood. Make sure you get the goatcheese suffle for an appetizer.

Come join our roll call for your cruise on cruise critic roll call board at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=561429&page=last

And you can meet some of your fellow cruisers. We've been talking a bit about excursions too.

I've been on the Constellation 3 times and it is a great ship - this will be my fourth on her. I've also done the same itinerary twice before (once on Constellation in 2007 and once on the nearly identical Summit in 2004). There are some links below to my cruise photos which include lots of Constellation photos and a link below to a video I did called

A great source of information about the ports and activities is on the cruise critic port of calls message boards for each island. As far as what to do - what types of activities do you enjoy. Snorkeling, beaches, sailing kind of things or do you prefer sightseeing natural spots?

If you haven't been to St. Lucia before there are some local tour guides that put on great tours as private excursions and cater to cruise customers. There are several discussed on the St. Lucia board - we did one with Cosol (http://www.cosol-tours.com/) and had a great time - good mix of sightseeing with enough snacks of local food that you won't go hungry even through there is no official lunch and a stop for swimming and snorkeling at a great beach.

In both Barbados and St. Kitts we prefer to do catamaran day sails with snorkeling. In St. Kitts the ship runs a great excursion called the Fan-ta-sea which does a scenic sail, a snorkeling stop, a nice lunch, beach time then a nice party time to either join or watch on the return sail. In Barbados most of the catamaran day sails stop at the same places for swimming with turtles and snorkeling but they differ based on the size of the boat and what they do before and after. A popular cruise line Barbados sail is the Tiami Five Star and a great private excursion is the Silver Moon. Search the port of call forums for these islands for lots of reviews of these excursions.

We're expecting 2 formal nights for the cruise - the first will undoubtedly be the second night on the ship at the end of the first full sea day.

Ocean liners is great - do plan on eating there one evening and take your time to enjoy the meal. Make sure you are very hungry. This is a great restaurant in a very elegant setting - great for a special evening.

How can I book Oceanliners before the cruise. I want to make sure to make a reservation for one of the sea days during my march 6 caribbean cruise.

I think you can do this on the Celebrity site by pre-paying or by calling the Captains Club (possibly without need to prepay).

Larry,

thanks so much for the info! I really havent had any worries, my inlaws have cruise onthe "connie" several times..my DH and I are lookin forward to it! We are travelling with my 5 yr old daughter so the day cruises are probably out for us...we do enjoy snorkling though...any good beachs you can think of for that?? We are mos def beach people :D

Also joining us are my dad and his GF so all the info is very much appreciated.

OK ill get the goat cheese souffle...i love goat cheese!! We dined in the Murano on our last cruise on Century...very nice, excellent staff, food was good but dare I say the menu was lacking a bit....also in the dining room...we only ate there once!! And we love the dining room...Seems to me that HAL stepped up their food and Celebrity took a step back..hopefully it will be a bit better on the connie:cool:

Forgot to ask...the indoor pool on the connie..is that part of the spa (costs to use?) or is it free of cost just an indoor pool??

Thanks Artlee I read your review...

we are booked in an inside cabin..kinda nervous:confused: We have never had an inside but the deals on them were just to good to pass up. Anyone EVER had an inside or had one on the connie?? We dont spend too much time in our room so we figured we'd be alright, usually have a veranda but with a lil one with us we are on the GO!:)

Forgot to ask...the indoor pool on the connie..is that part of the spa (costs to use?) or is it free of cost just an indoor pool??

Thanks Artlee I read your review...

we are booked in an inside cabin..kinda nervous:confused: We have never had an inside but the deals on them were just to good to pass up. Anyone EVER had an inside or had one on the connie?? We dont spend too much time in our room so we figured we'd be alright, usually have a veranda but with a lil one with us we are on the GO!:)

The Thalassotherapy pool is adult, and no charge. But, on our Nov. 21 cruise on Constellation, the water was not heated. So not many people used the pool; it's just not the same.

On our first two cruises we had inside rooms. They were almost identical to ocean view. There are more mirrors to take away the illusion of being boxed in. On the second cruise, I found myself sleeping in and did not like that (no window to provide daylight); I love to get up and go sit on deck 10 aft with a coffee and soak up the sun. We did not mind them, but once we tried ocean views, with the daylight, we liked them; I always wake up early...:)

We have been on many cruises and always had a balcony room. Our first INSIDE was to Alaska and we loved being inside. We have gone inside ever since. Because of the cost saving we now cruise twice a year. Never got sick. Never felt claustraphobic. Enjoy the cruise.

marlene

We returned also on 12/22 from the southern caribbean on the constellation. She is truly a beautiful ship with a wonderful staff! Yes you must go to ocean liners. We both had a fillet that was off the menu but offered the night we went. It was one of the best steaks either of us have ever eaten.

As to the islands we did the scenic railway in St. Kitts and really enjoyed it, however in the last 20 min we broke down and it took approx. 2 hours to get us all of the train and back to port which eleviated all the time left in port. We would love to see more of St. Kitts and plan to return. Just a note we were refunded a portion of the fare. It was credited to our on board account with no complaints on our part. The people of St. Kitts are wonderful and the island is beautiful.

On Barbados we did the 4X4 safari and cave excursion, our guide was Dino. I can't say enough about him or the wonderful time we had. The tour following ours was cancelled due to a tram breaking down prior to ours so Dino gave us a full day island tour. It was a lot fun and we were able to see a lot of the island. Very interesting and informativeand of course beautiful!

For St. Lucia we did the aerial tram over the rainforest. It was beautiful and also very informative but we wished we had also done the zip line tour that accompanies this one. We worried about missing time in port shopping or looking around the area so we chose the shorter tour. To us our time would have been much better spent on a longer excursion and less time in the town of Castries.

In St. Maarten we went to a beach off the beaten path that was recommended by the taxi driver. It was called Dawn Beach at Oyster Pond. A beautiful beach, not so crowded with chairs for $5 and umbrellas and additional $5. They had bar service to your chairs and offered the best Guavaberry Colada we had on the island. The taxi driver charged $12 pp round trip was there waiting when we were ready to leave. Well worth the money and less than an excursion.

Whatever you choose your sure to have a great time! It was our favorite cruise out of 4. Enjoy!!!:)

Thanks for all the info guys!

TNhome..that beach in st maarten sounds great..we've been to orient beach but this time we have our 5 yr old daughter in tow and not so sure that beach is right for us this time around IF ya know what Im talkn bout *wink*

The tour in St.Lucia sounds great as well...we save our shopping for st.thomas..so looking for more intresting sightseeing and beach time at the other islands..thanks again for everyones input..keep it comin :)

Oh yeah almost forgot..Is there a pool grill on the connie like on the Century? Poolside there were burgers,dogs,nachos ect..during lunch hours..pretty nice that way you dont have to walk inside to the buffet area..just wonderin...

Just know you will be on the ship that avid celeb cruises often call there favorite. Me included.

I sailed on the Millie when she was brand new and didn't really care for the ship. I was not sure what I would think about the Constellation because the Galaxy is my very favorite. The Connie won me over completely. :D

Oh yeah almost forgot..Is there a pool grill on the connie like on the Century? Poolside there were burgers,dogs,nachos ect..during lunch hours..pretty nice that way you dont have to walk inside to the buffet area..just wonderin...

Yes!

Just know you will be on the ship that avid celeb cruises often call there favorite. Me included.

I sailed on the Millie when she was brand new and didn't really care for the ship. I was not sure what I would think about the Constellation because the Galaxy is my very favorite. The Connie won me over completely. :D

Since they all seem to be identical could you explain what the difference was to change you mind??? Just the crew, the soft furnishings??? What could make such a difference between ships that on every indication are exactly the same??? Perhaps that the trip went better or you enjoyed the itinerary more??

Archived