Ten Days 'Til We leave for The Legend and I still need some help!

Dabbo

Thanks to everyone for all of the informative (and entertaining) comments. We've been watching this board very closely for a month and have learned a lot (bring water shoes, one bottle of wine each doesn't need to be smuggled, etc). We're pretty much down to finalizing excursions (just about all of our ideas came from things we found here). Looking for one more "review, comment, and suggest" session before we commit. Here's our current thinking:

Grand Cayman - "Stingrays, Hell, and Turtle Farm" (I've done this previously and think the wife will enjoy) or "Stingray City Sandbar & Rum Point Beach Safari"

Cozumel - Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab Park (We were in Cozumel two years ago and already did most of the other stuff. She's always wanted to do the dolphin thing).

Belize - Book something with cave-tubing.com (hints?). We were thinking about bundling the ATV adventure with cave-tubing, but are also wondering if we might want to take advantage of the opportunity to do some snorkeling. Thoughts?

Roatan - Victor Bodden. The "Best of" tour with the Zip-Line and "play with the monkeys" add-ons.

I've been all over and have more fun than anyone's entitled to, but this is her first cruise and I really want her to have a blast. I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and recommendations before committing.

Thanks!

Bob

Sounds perfect. I love this itinerary. Did it on the Valor in 05 and would do it again in a minute. I'm jealous :D.

Who are you booked with in Grand Cayman? We did it with NativeWay Sports. Also, did you book your dophin swim already? If not, you can do it online and get the time you want. My family loved this.

Have a great time!!!

We were in Roatan this past July and did the South Shore zip-line tour, which had a beach stop at West Bay Beach after the zip-line. We booked this through shoretripsdotcom. I highly recommend this excursion. Everything was exactly as described on their website, and then some. The zip-line guides were awesome - I felt completely safe the entire time, and they did their best to make sure we had fun.

Have a great trip!

My sis and I went to Hell and the Turtle Farm in GC on our own - in the turtle farm you can actually pick up the baby turtles from the tanks! If you go to Hell make sure to send a postcard - we sent one to our parents that said "Go to Hell!" hehe

Have a great time!

Thanks to everyone for all of the informative (and entertaining) comments. We've been watching this board very closely for a month and have learned a lot (bring water shoes, one bottle of wine each doesn't need to be smuggled, etc). We're pretty much down to finalizing excursions (just about all of our ideas came from things we found here). Looking for one more "review, comment, and suggest" session before we commit. Here's our current thinking:

Grand Cayman - "Stingrays, Hell, and Turtle Farm" (I've done this previously and think the wife will enjoy) or "Stingray City Sandbar & Rum Point Beach Safari"

Cozumel - Royal Dolphin Swim at Chankanaab Park (We were in Cozumel two years ago and already did most of the other stuff. She's always wanted to do the dolphin thing).

Belize - Book something with cave-tubing.com (hints?). We were thinking about bundling the ATV adventure with cave-tubing, but are also wondering if we might want to take advantage of the opportunity to do some snorkeling. Thoughts?

Roatan - Victor Bodden. The "Best of" tour with the Zip-Line and "play with the monkeys" add-ons.

I've been all over and have more fun than anyone's entitled to, but this is her first cruise and I really want her to have a blast. I'd love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and recommendations before committing.

Thanks!

Bob

Stingray City is one of the best things I have done in my life. It is amazing.

In Cozumel I played golf can't help you there.

Belize and Roatan are on my list of places to go.

Good luck and happy cruising!

GC: We really enjoy relaxing at Rum Point. It is a beautiful beach and away from the crowded south side 7 mile beach. Hell and the Turtle farm only take about an hour so it's really up to you how you want to spend your time.

Cozumel: We did the Native Tours Eco tour to the main land about two cruises ago and it was wonderful! Zip lining, jungle biking, cenote snorkling and diving, a Mayan purification ceremony and a kick butt lunch.

This past trip we went deep water fishing and didn't catch a darn thing!

Belize: cave tubing was great for us with the Major.

Roataan: Loved our tour with Viktor's group. We asked for and Anthony. He took us to one of the local schools and we had prearranged to drop off supplies at an orphange. We did that first. We then asked to go to a non popular beach to snorkle. He took us to Half Moon Cove resort and we loved it. Did a bit of shopping on the way back. Anthony discussed with us the poverty of the Island and we have been communicating with and sending clothing and such to his family. He is wonderful and I am totaling in LOVE with this island and her people!

Have a blast, we enjoyed our time on the Legend and found the Asst. cruise director Bonnie and her team to be among the best we have encountered.

I suppose I should add that I am a 38 year old female traveling with my ManHo, 37, Girl Heathen 19 and Boy Heathen 15.

You may also want to check out another guide service RoatanbyMarty. Marty Robin is one of the guys that runs it but he also loves to take people on tours. Marty is a great guide, (one of the best). He was borne in Roatan, so he can tailor a tour to your desires. He's been in the tour business for more than 20yrs but has just recently branched out with his own company. My wife and I were in Roatan Feb 2008. I told him what I wanted, even at the spur of the moment, it couldn't have been any better, the tranquility, the snorkeling, the food and the nice area to sit down and relax without being rushed by vendors, IT WAS GREAT!! We're going back again this FEB 24 2009. Hope you have a fantastic time, what ever you do.

Happy Cruising!

rh14k

CCL Elation-San Diego 2003

CCL Elation-Galveston 2005

NCL Dream-Houston 2006

CCL Conquest-Galveston 2007

RCCL Voyager-Galveston 2008

We didn't book with anyone in GC yet. I'll check out Native Way, but I did it through Carnival years ago and was quite happy with what they provided. The tougher parts, in terms of who to book with & what to see, involve the other islands. The dolphin swim at the park in Cozumel looks pretty tough to mess up.

Sounds perfect. I love this itinerary. Did it on the Valor in 05 and would do it again in a minute. I'm jealous :D.

Who are you booked with in Grand Cayman? We did it with NativeWay Sports. Also, did you book your dophin swim already? If not, you can do it online and get the time you want. My family loved this.

Have a great time!!!

Have a great time!!!

I totally agree with Nativeway !!!

OP you can google it and find the website, we've done the rays, reef and rum point twice because we loved it so much, they alway show you a great time and knowledgeable crew and it's price is great

We did the Victor Bodin in Roatan and also would totally recommend it.

And I thought cavetubing.com rocked, they carried our innertubes, all the other people were carrying their own. Also they had enough staff to make sure everyone was hooked like 3 tubes to one staff member, they stayed on the ground and floated with you, very great, safe service.

We did a dolphin swim in Coz also I can't remember which one, but it was really kinda fun, but sad for the dolphins being enclosed like that, the stingrays in GC come of their own free will, after been fed by the natives of the island for years. I'm a bleeding heart for animals :p

Sounds like you have everything planned beautifully, I'm sure you'll make her very happy!!!

Have a great cruise!!!

Carole

The best suggestion I ever got on CC was from a woman who told me to book the stingray excursion from the ship at 7:30AM, it was just 10.00 more then going thru the island ~ purpose ... you will be the first people to arrive and it is soooooooooooo amazing to see this big black movement in the water as the rays hear you coming (they know its feeding time) ... you get them all to yourself before the island tours come in ... you leave and still have the WHOLE day to do other things

watch out for hickies ... if you feed them the squid make sure you do not touch your bathing suit or body as they will suck thinking it is more squid :eek: you will be about to get a ray message and just be amazed at these creatures of the sea

Enjoy!

2 that I can recommend first hand:

Major Tom for cave tubing in Belize - he is simply the best tour operator we've had, EVER.

NativeWay - Rays, Reef and Rum Point

You can Google them - neither requires any deposit ahead of time.

Have Fun!!

Archived