Oosterdam Lovers

HALleluiah

Hi all! I've started a new thread under the Oosterdam roll call for all things Oosterdam! I thought that'd be a good place for people who are planning Odam cruises to look for a resource as to which stewards to watch for, what's for dinner tonight, what shows are on, and generally keep up with Lady O. Some of you have read my cruise doldrums thread, so you know I'm wishing I was back on the Oostie and this is my coping mechanism! Someone play along please! At this point I'm just talking to myself! ;)

I'll play! Thanks for the invite!! We LOVE the elegant and beautiful Ms. O. Have sailed twice to her to Alaska - once in Sept. 2006 and once in June 2008. Plan on going back to AK again in 2010, and would so enjoy sailing on the Oosterdam again, but I don't think she'll be there??? Anyway - the crew, the heavenly crew!! Are they fabulous or what??? Our room steward Mano was perfect - wanted to shove him in my suitcase and bring him home with us! Chatting with him everyday, seeing photos of his lovely wife and children, talking about our days, and treating him like "family" was so easy to do. Shout out to you, Mano, if you're reading this!! Also - Chris from the bar staff. He was on our 2006 cruise, not the 2008 though (:() and we sure did miss him. We still keep in touch with Chris though via email - just got one from him yesterday as a matter of fact, he's on the Westerdam in the Carribean, enjoying the warmth but says he misses Alaska and hopes to get one that cruise again starting in June of 2009.

Okay - food - LOVE the peach melba sundaes, bread pudding, ice cream, chocolate croissants, roast duckling, crab cakes....oh pretty much everything!

Loved the outside bar on the top deck, can't remember the name - but it was great! No one was ever there, we were close to the hot tub that was never crowded so we could hop in anytime we wanted to view the glaciers from the warmth of the tubs. The Crows Nest was excellent for scenery and quiet times in those soft, comfy captain's chairs. What could be finer than having a drink in your hand and watching the port you just visited "leave" you in the distance.

Sigh....you've made me quite nostalgic, my friend! and its a GOOD thing. I sure do miss the Oosterdam. Great thread - hope others hop on board too!:D

This sounds like a great idea! I have to scan through HAL threads to see something I can use - this will save time! We're going to the Med, got a VF w/balcony on Deck 4 (because there are 3 of us) and are really excited to experience Ms. O. The trip is port intensive, so I don't know how much time we'll be able to spend on board, but there are 3 sea days. So, do you eat in the Lido or the DR? We are close to the Dining room - but the Lido is buffet so it's faster, is that correct? How long does it take to get from one place to the other?

just noticed the witty title to this thread, hah!(lelujah)

Archived