Leaving on the Oosterdam today & some tips for San Diego

Seayalater

One word of advice, if you are staying at the Days Inn near the port, you may want to rethink. Amtrack goes right behind it and it is all night long.

Walk to Little Italy if you arrive the night before, we had a marvelous meal at Zia. There is also a wonder Italian grocery store on India Street that has a terrific selection of wines and liqour (if you're tempted to bring some aboard)

We are very close (walking distance to the port, I am excited to see Ms O today and board this afternoon, will write a review when I return but she won't be in the states for long!

Thanks for the info! We'll be on one of the Ms O's last stateside cruises departing Feb 14th. The San Diego info is helpful. We're lucky to be cruising with my parents who live in San Diego so won't have to worry about a hotel stay, but the Italian market sounds like a great pre-board stop! We'll be bringing some wine and nice cheeses on board with us for those 'after nap' snacks and nothing like a nice Italian market to get them from!

SO looking forward to your review when you return!

Hope the trip is WONDERFUL!

~ L'aura

Archived